UG-200 GPS receiver HELP PLEASE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UG-200 GPS receiver HELP PLEASE

I am a newb however I have been ing and reading this forum for a while now and I still dont have any answers. So if anyone here could be kind enough to help me I will be grateful. The prob is I bought this generic type USB receiver from Geeks.com and it will not show that it is getting info...I have no real GPS software, however I installed accompanied driver adjusted comport...blahblah...I tried a few free Nav programs but none seem to recognize this off brand receiver... PLEASE HELP ME THanks

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?inv...&cpc=SCH&srm=0

Do you have 'GPS info' to test it out ??

What have you got the com port settings set to in the driver ??
    Old setup
    Epia M10k, Cubid 2699R case, 512MB, 40GB 3.5" drive
    New setup
    Optiplex 260SX (2.8GHz P4, 512MB, 30GB, DVD)
    Xenarc 700IDT, USB hub, 802.11g, bluetooth, P2140, P5V

Comment

thanks for the response....ive been told to adjust in regedit sermouse/ start from 3 to 4 ....also what should i use to test the receiver.... i dont have any progs at the moment..... and i dont know GPS info?

Comment

If you don't have any programs, how do you know if it's working or not?

-arebelspy
        See my trades here! My For Sale/Trade Thread. Email joe at eipse.com
        Originally posted by xdjxklusivex
        i think every thread is now a whoreing thread

Comment

I have tried several free ones i have downloaded , but to no avail.... they do not recognize my receiver

Comment

Download http://www.usglobalsat.com/downloads/GPSinfo.zip and run the GPSinfoPC program.

In Device Manager under com ports, you should be able to adjust the com port and baud rate for it. I dunno what driver it is, but I would imagine you can do this. Set it to a com port you want to use and set the baud to 4800.

GPSinfo is pretty much self explanatory...
            Old setup
            New setup

Comment

thanks mark Ill try it....

Comment

Hey mark ... its doing something now. I changed the driver to port 1 and it found it on port 4 ...dunno... but it seems to be receiving tons of data... whats the next step please.

Comment

1) Buy GPS software of your choice (iGuidance seems to be preferred by many around here)
                  2) Install it
                  3) Open it, go to settings and tell it your GPS is on Com 4
                  4) Tell it starting oint is "current GPS position" and seect the destination
                  5) It will route you there

-arebelspy
                  See my trades here! My For Sale/Trade Thread. Email joe at eipse.com
                  Originally posted by xdjxklusivex
                  i think every thread is now a whoreing thread

Comment

If it's recieving data then it's working, click on the GPSInfo tab on the bottom to take you to the sat lock/info bit of ther program..
                    Old setup
                    New setup

Comment

in my search for some troubleshooting on my GPS mouse i stumbled across this thread.. i downloaded the GPSinfoPC program and found my mouse .. or at least the program did. when i give some commands like COLD START or Get Status, i get a prompt back saying

$PSRF
                      ...OK

so i assume that's the mouse responding. but when i click on the GPS INFO tab, it doesn't show anything. i think it should at least put some numbers there.
                      i put my mouse out the window to make sure it sees some satelites but nothing.. does that mean my mouse is dead or is there something i could do about it.... thanks if anybody can help!

Comment

Originally posted by none12 View Post
                        in my search for some troubleshooting on my GPS mouse i stumbled across this thread.. i downloaded the GPSinfoPC program and found my mouse .. or at least the program did. when i give some commands like COLD START or Get Status, i get a prompt back saying

$PSRF
                        ...OK

so i assume that's the mouse responding. but when i click on the GPS INFO tab, it doesn't show anything. i think it should at least put some numbers there.
                        i put my mouse out the window to make sure it sees some satelites but nothing.. does that mean my mouse is dead or is there something i could do about it.... thanks if anybody can help!
                        The same thing happens for me with my BU-303 amd XP. Scan always says NO GPS Receiver, but if I send start, I get same prompts. Map Point 2006 says no GPS unit or it is not speaking NEMA... The damn thing worked under Linux with gpsd.
                        Carputer Project Status:
                        0% - Mobo died on 2/17/08
                        Check out the worklog for my '01 Pathfinder.

Comment

Working...
                        X