• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats the best program to use?

Im about a quater of the way though getting my in car PC set up

wanna know whats the best program I can use for GPS

(im also using "roadrunner")

I already have a bluetooth reciver from my PDA (also have a CF card GPS reciver aswell)
    Living the dream!

AMD Athlon 1700
    512mb ram
    7 inch toch sceen
    wireless
    bluetooth
    GPS

See my car and setup
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/847490/1

[++++++----] 60% finished

A lot of people around here like iGuidance.

-arebelspy
    See my trades here! My For Sale/Trade Thread. Email joe at eipse.com
    Originally posted by xdjxklusivex
    i think every thread is now a whoreing thread

Comment

The general perception around here is iGuidance is best for the US. Destinator is best for Europe. You do not specify your location in your profile nor did you mention it in your post, that would be a key tid-bit you would want to include. As far as the software itself, do a few searches and you will quickly learn the pros & cons of each program.

Comment

Originally posted by StrataG
        The general perception around here is iGuidance is best for the US. Destinator is best for Europe. You do not specify your location in your profile nor did you mention it in your post, that would be a key tid-bit you would want to include. As far as the software itself, do a few searches and you will quickly learn the pros & cons of each program.

I live in england

and am I not aloud to ask questions about GPS in a GPS forum?

I thought this was the whole idea of a forum?

and not for every to tell each other to go a and spend 30 mins of there life searching when it can take someone 5 seconds to help?
        Living the dream!

AMD Athlon 1700
        512mb ram
        7 inch toch sceen
        wireless
        bluetooth
        GPS

See my car and setup

Comment

To go over every pro & con of each app and the uses would certainly not take 5 seconds. I've provided you with the basic answer. Both I and the previous poster presented our opinions. It is up to you to decide which meets your needs. No need to give attitude to people who are trying to point you in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by chewEboy
            I live in england

and not for every to tell each other to go a and spend 30 mins of there life searching when it can take someone 5 seconds to help?
            You were wrong, then, weren't you? A few seconds of searching would suffice, and if people have to spend all their time answering the same questions over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over they won't come back. Having this question come up every single day is useless when a search would answer it quickly.

Watch: I click search. I type "recommend gps uk". It gives me 13 hits. Right in the middle is "Whats the best GPS software for the UK?"

..and plenty of other good threads. That was on my first try.. try some other keywords and you'll find more. Total time? Less time than it took you to write this new post.

-arebelspy

Comment

it takes a lot more than 5 seconds to give a detailed, in-depth response to that kind of question, so there's no way people are going to want to type that all out every time someone asks.

It's okay to ask a quick question, but you'll get quick answers. As you can see, your question did get a couple of quick answers. If you want detailed answers, search, and read what's already been written.
              But don't take it from me! here's a quote from a real, live newbie:
              Originally posted by Viscouse
              I am learning buttloads just by searching on this forum. I've learned 2 big things so far: 1-it's been done before, and 2-if it hasn't, there is a way to do it.
              eegeek.net

Comment

I live in england

You posted at 6:15. By 6:24 you had two answers. That's pretty quick. Sorry you didn't like the way they were phrased.

Here's a link to a thread called Getting started with GPS and another link to a thread called Attention Newbies! Everything (almost) you want to know about GPS (Part 1).

And you are allowed to ask a question in the GPS forum. Just try to be a little more specific next time.
                Originally posted by ghettocruzer
                I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
                Want to:
                -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
                -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

I live in england

1) The question you asked is completely subjective. You need to choose your own GPS software based on whatever criteria are important to you. The point about different packages having better maps for different parts of the world is very valid. I could tell you thyat I prefer iGuidance, but that's not the preferred European package. Therefore, you do need to do some reading about the different packages to see which one will meet your needs.
                  2) This forum is an informational resource. The information you're looking for is already here, probably dozens of times over. If we answer your questions here, that's one more thread for the next user that searches for BEST GPS SOFTWARE to weed through and not glean any information.
                  3) If you're searching for 30m, then your search skills are lacking. Pare down your keywords and try again.
                  4) Getting indignant because you're given answers in a format uyou don't like makes users less willing to help you next time you ask for something. Keep that in mind before you start crawling up everyone's *** for telling you to find the answers for yourself.
                  5) It's just lazy-assed of you to want your information handed to you on a silver platter as opposed to finding it yourself.
                  Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
                  How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert
                    1) The question you asked is completely subjective. You need to choose your own GPS software based on whatever criteria are important to you. The point about different packages having better maps for different parts of the world is very valid. I could tell you thyat I prefer iGuidance, but that's not the preferred European package. Therefore, you do need to do some reading about the different packages to see which one will meet your needs.
                    2) This forum is an informational resource. The information you're looking for is already here, probably dozens of times over. If we answer your questions here, that's one more thread for the next user that searches for BEST GPS SOFTWARE to weed through and not glean any information.
                    3) If you're searching for 30m, then your search skills are lacking. Pare down your keywords and try again.
                    4) Getting indignant because you're given answers in a format uyou don't like makes users less willing to help you next time you ask for something. Keep that in mind before you start crawling up everyone's *** for telling you to find the answers for yourself.
                    5) It's just lazy-assed of you to want your information handed to you on a silver platter as opposed to finding it yourself.

and you can suck my cock harry potter...... that is if you have finished talking like stuck up know it all
                    Living the dream!

AMD Athlon 1700
                    512mb ram
                    7 inch toch sceen
                    wireless
                    bluetooth
                    GPS

See my car and setup

Comment

and you can suck my cock harry potter...... that is if you have finished talking like stuck up know it all
                      ban this n00b

-arebelspy

Comment

ban this idiot... or leave him here until he posts about his car going up in flame... such an ignorant idiot i'd like to see what he does!

doesnt know anything... cant even search a gps forum to find out what the best softwar is, you are obviously an idiot...

seriously: if this is a GPS forum, you say "cant you even ask a GPS question" , and I tell you: "this is a GPS forum, if you know that, and you cant realize that your question is ******* basic, and you dont reazlie any simple search should give you the answer then you should commit suicide and relieve the world from 1 prick..." consider it 'doing your part' for improving the world!
                        Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
                        Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

Afraid being a fellow brit I have to agree with Cheweboy here ladies!!
                          You americans are such [email protected] when it comes to forums, visit a UK based forum and you will actually get help and a friendly welcome not just get told to go search - anyone can figure that out, thats why they ask.

What d'you reckon??

Comment

Originally posted by coopy
                            Afraid being a fellow brit I have to agree with Cheweboy here ladies!!
                            You americans are such [email protected] when it comes to forums, visit a UK based forum and you will actually get help and a friendly welcome not just get told to go search - anyone can figure that out, thats why they ask.

What d'you reckon??
                            You know what's funny maam (or maams in case your multiple personalities need to be addressed seperately)? The biggest post whore on here who is quickest to call someone a noob and tell them to search is from the UK. It is quite obvious that you created a new handle to post that. I have seen you offer no one any help. I have seen you demand immediate gratification which shows a pattern in your personality.

You asked a generalized question, you got a generalized answer. I then told you to search out why that is the general perception here, because I had no idea what your needs were for GPS. If someone tells you to search, it is because someone here has obviously taken the time to answer the question, if not dozens of times. Without knowing your needs in a software product, the only option is to spend 30 minutes detailing every aspect of every program, or tell you to search.

The whole point of forums is as an informational resource. That does not mean that anyone is obligated to spoon-feed you. Spend a few minutes (or hours with your obviously limited intellect) thinking of a more specific question and you will likely get a more specific answer. Your basic question was answered, so call us wankers if it makes you feel better, but it is obvious the general perception is quite the opposite.

Comment

quite funny to see your response as you have me wrong. I am actually a pure onlooker who regularly uses the site to find info. I am just passing comment on what I see I have no idea who cheweboy is or was - he could be a complete @rse. Just passing general comment on how you guys from the US (either nationals or just resident) come across full of attitude - a generalisation I know but I do have day to day dealings with your fellow citizens and they too seem the same way inclined. You would rather tell someone to go find out themselves (as you probably did) than share the knowledge, seems like a game of one-up-manship and you always have to be one-up.

I know this is the wrong place for airing my thoughts on world peace but thought it might be useful for you guys to see how outsiders see the planet of USA.

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                              X