Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xport3

Anyone got it working?

I start the program, configures, press "enable service".

All works fine.

I restart the PC, and start Map Monkey.

There is a port configured, but no signal.

I manually start xport, and press "enable service". I get an error saying no can do, and another saying service already started.

I shut down all parts of Xport, and restart. The program then starts, and I press "enable service". all works fine. OR, when i restart, it does not start at all. OR, it starts, but is only halfway enabled (port exist, but no signal).

It seems there is 10% chance that the program works at startup.

I am using version 1.03

Anyone got this working, or know if there is a forum related to Xport somewhere?

I think i am having a similar problem, but I haven't had time to track it down yet, so I was waiting to post about it.

|V1 Virtual Display|

Hard work often pays off over time, laziness always pays off right now.

Comment

Well, the good news is I have it running well on 2 of my setup.
      The bad news is there is no subforum for it yet. A few others and I are trying to get the admin/mod to give this wonderfull piece of software a place but nothing yet.
      So in the mean time, try this thread. It covers most version of xport3 http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58618
      2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
      89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
      Y2K Accord Dell GX150
      RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
      EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Well, this is why it's free. If you see any error numbers, tell me what they are. Otherwise, the exact error message. Usually if I get some new error, I can add something to fix things and have seen about 10 or so but I'm sure there are others that I haven't. The only time I really had trouble was when forcing it to use an existing COM port for output and got an unexpected error from the OS as if it thought the service started. A reboot fixed it though.

Comment

Originally posted by Curiosity
          Well, this is why it's free. If you see any error numbers, tell me what they are. Otherwise, the exact error message. Usually if I get some new error, I can add something to fix things and have seen about 10 or so but I'm sure there are others that I haven't. The only time I really had trouble was when forcing it to use an existing COM port for output and got an unexpected error from the OS as if it thought the service started. A reboot fixed it though.
          Hello. Sorry, I know how annoying it is when someone says "it dosn't work, crap!!" without explaining exactly what happends. I am using VNC to my car-pc, and will try to say exactly what happends.
          1. Start pc, start xport, configure xport (in:com5 , out : com6/7), enable service (window remains open + icon in system tray), start MM, everything is fine.
          2. (still installing XP SP2.. ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz)
          3. Restart PC (not shutting down xport first)
          4. Icon in system tray is there. For some strange reason, MM reports it has GPS, and everything is fine.
          5. Restarting again. Starting MM, no error. xport is in system tray, looking good.
          hmmmm..
          6. Restarting again. Starting MM, no error. xport is in system tray, looking good.

I think I have to get back to you on this one.

It definitly did not work like this earlier. Maybe intalling SP2 did some good? Well, I have to try it for some more time to see if the problems are solved, or if they appear the same way agein.

Comment

Wow. Maybe it needs SP2? I just assumed that wouldn't make a difference, but could be. That's good that it works now though.
            zPilott, do you think that might be it for you too, or something different?

Comment

I have SP2, so I don't think it is that.

I have been meaning to track down the problem (because it may be related to issues on my end) but I haven't had the chance. I just wanted to subscribe to this thread for ideas. One of these days I will get around to into it, and if I can't figure out what I am doing wrong, I'll let you know.

I love the software BTW, now that I am starting to get GPS features into my V1 Virtual Display, it is nice to not have to choose between that and my mapping software. I don't know why the GPS software can't just try to reconnect when it comes back from hibernate, but with Xport (usually) I don't have that problem.

|V1 Virtual Display|

Hard work often pays off over time, laziness always pays off right now.

Comment

Originally posted by zPilott
                I love the software BTW
                I could not agree more. This shuld be a standard component on all carputers. Worked great today. I'll test it some time and see if it keeps working as fine.

Comment

It works well through hibernation, but upon a restart I get the same scenario as you do. It's kind of slow to respond to the 'enable service' checkbox, and its a damn hard checkbox to press on a 7" screen!

I try to just set it up and hibernate each time.

Comment

If it works well with hibernation but doesn't start with Windows, there could be some anti-spyware blocking it from setting the run reg key. Check "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ru n" for the XPort value. If it's not there, it won't run the next time. As long as that works, you shouldn't even have to do anything to it ever.

Comment

If it works well with hibernation but doesn't start with Windows, there could be some anti-spyware blocking it from setting the run reg key. Check "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ru n" for the XPort value. If it's not there, it won't run the next time. As long as that works, you shouldn't even have to do anything to it ever.
                      Xport3 works for me, but not on startup. I have to check enable service and then hit ok to the two error popups every time. I checked the above reg key, and there's no value. Do I need to enter a value here for Xport3 service to be enabled on startup?
                      CarPC #3: 99% Complete
                      Pentium M 1.7Ghz, 1GB DDR2 RAM
                      DVD/CD-RW installed in dash below monitor
                      OEM LCD relocated for 7" Touchscreen
                      Wi-Fi, GPS, PS2 controllers...
                      500+ full albums
                      4,000+ video games
                      music videos, movies, & more!
                      old carPC

Comment

Maybe. What errors are you getting? That could be causing the problem, but if it's working it should set that value anyway. If you want to do it manually, just create a string value named "XPort" in the "Run" key and set it to the path of XPort, like "C:\XPort.exe" and then reboot to make sure it works.

Comment

Maybe. What errors are you getting? That could be causing the problem, but if it's working it should set that value anyway. If you want to do it manually, just create a string value named "XPort" in the "Run" key and set it to the path of XPort, like "C:\XPort.exe" and then reboot to make sure it works.
                          Thanks, I will try that and see what happens.
                          500+ full albums
                          4,000+ video games
                          old carPC

Comment

Originally posted by ITL
                            Thanks, I will try that and see what happens.
                            XP loads with XPort on the desktop, but the service is not enabled. I click "enable service" and receive the following two errors:
                            1) Can't create service 1073
                            2) Error: XPort is already installed
                            Once I click OK on both popups, the checkbox is selected and everything works as normal.

I checked the registry key, and it was there as it should be. My post above says that it's not there, but that was my test machine. I have confirmed the info from this post in the car.
                            500+ full albums
                            4,000+ video games
                            old carPC

Comment

Well, it looks like it's setting everything up right. It's just failing when you boot for some reason. The only reason I can think of at the moment is the GPS COM port isn't available at the time that the XPort service starts up. I could make it retry at some point though.

Comment

Working...
                              X