Eclipse AVN2454 vs. AVN5435

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eclipse AVN2454 vs. AVN5435

I am inclined to buy AVN2454 as I can get it for about $500-600 cheaper than AVN5435. However, before I pull the trigger, I would like to know if I am giving up a lot by going with 2454 over 5435. I realize that the preouts on 5435 are 5V (vs. 0.8V) but that would hardly matter to me as I will be using a DSP, Audiobahn ADD51T. I don't care much for sat. radio compatibility? Anything else that I will be missing?

Does either of the two have a digital out (coaxial or optical)? Does either of the two have a HDD for MP3 songs?

Thanks for your help.
    Options

Thats not a carputer
    Current projects: iGmod reloaded (Latest release) (put on hiatus indefinatly)

Unlimited Internet and gps tracking for $6 a month with boost mobile!

Carputer 2: www.lmaocar.com

Comment

Originally posted by Options20002001
      I am inclined to buy AVN2454 as I can get it for about $500-600 cheaper than AVN5435. However, before I pull the trigger, I would like to know if I am giving up a lot by going with 2454 over 5435. I realize that the preouts on 5435 are 5V (vs. 0.8V) but that would hardly matter to me as I will be using a DSP, Audiobahn ADD51T. I don't care much for sat. radio compatibility? Anything else that I will be missing?

Does either of the two have a digital out (coaxial or optical)? Does either of the two have a HDD for MP3 songs?

Thanks for your help.
      Options
      n00b
      PC Components:
      Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
      My work log

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples
        n00b

Comment

I thought this was the GPS forum. I apologize if it's not. Although, I must have built at least 50 computers (including several HTPCs) I still consider myself a noob. Yes, I can build a carputer for my LX450 and have given it some thoughts as it would let me use OBDII in addition to provide GPS capability. However, for now, I would just like to know the main differences between Eclipse AVN2454 and AVN5435. Anybody?

Options

Comment

I'd personaly check out google, or crutcfield.. if you look up the models they're they pretty good about telling what's going down with what.

Comment

dont really know the answer to your question, but if you have a good guys near you, they are closing. you can get the avn 5435 for 40-50% off. just a head's up. i saw it for about 800.00$ open box yesterady.

Comment

Originally posted by Options20002001
                I thought this was the GPS forum. I apologize if it's not. Although, I must have built at least 50 computers (including several HTPCs) I still consider myself a noob. Yes, I can build a carputer for my LX450 and have given it some thoughts as it would let me use OBDII in addition to provide GPS capability. However, for now, I would just like to know the main differences between Eclipse AVN2454 and AVN5435. Anybody?
                Dude, we build computers to to all that. Nobody here knows anything about the Eclipse units you're interested in because nobody here uses one. They built a computer in their car to do all that and more.
                Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
                How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Both seem like nice units... Sign up at www.carsound.com and visit their forums for general audio/multimedia questions.
                  Setup:
                  Dynaudio 240GT
                  PPI PC4100, PPI PC2350
                  Zapco DSP6
                  ADS DAC
                  Testing new board (Albatron KI690-AM2)

"I dont know if complaints were filed, or mistakes were made, but feelings were hurt." -Krystal Washington

Comment

Working...
                  X