This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Witch is Best Software?

Just wondering witch is the best software for using with my GPS Garmin 18 on my carpc? My friends says that Microsoft Streets and Trips 2006 is pretty good but he hasnt used any thing else? Is there another program with better features and Mapping? I need it to work in Canada/USA.
    -Memphis

come on dude. wtf. this is your first post. why am i not surprised that it is in your first thread from the day you sign up. use the search button. go into the gps forum check out the differences between the programs. if you look at the top bar it says user cp. faq. memers list.calendar.newposts.SEARCH. quicklinks.logout. use the 3rd one from the right that starts with S and ends in H heres a hint on a big sign.
    i got dat ***** sittin on 22s! SUPERMAN EDITION!

Comment

Harry Potter?
      or did you mean which?
      EPIA M10000, 512 Ram, Opus 90, GPS, XM, 7" Xenarc, Pioneer HU
      Installed & Working....
      Custom enclosures
      Newbie Guide

Comment

2008 350z GT Installed since April 22nd 2011 - Worklog
        2000 Protege Installed Since April 2, 2005 - Intel D201GLY|Fusion Brain|ODBPros ODBII|Engenius|GPS Rikaline|Powermate|Motorized Lilli
        Sound Stage
        Eclipse|MTX|Infinity

Comment

lol should i do it? should i declare this a whoreing thread?

Comment

whore.....
            EPIA M10000, 512 Ram, Opus 90, GPS, XM, 7" Xenarc, Pioneer HU
            Installed & Working....
            Custom enclosures
            Newbie Guide

Comment

lol i just cant stand it when a persons FIRST POST happens to be in their first thread on the SAME ******* day they sign up. that shows they didnt try searching whatsoever

Comment

Originally posted by EsKALad
                come on dude. wtf. this is your first post. why am i not surprised that it is in your first thread from the day you sign up. use the search button. go into the gps forum check out the differences between the programs. if you look at the top bar it says user cp. faq. memers list.calendar.newposts.SEARCH. quicklinks.logout. use the 3rd one from the right that starts with S and ends in H heres a hint on a big sign.
                I've SearcHed and SearcHed but I can't find the button that begins with S and ends with H - can I have another hint?

Comment

NOOBS CANT SPELL NOW? lol

Comment

hmm...

As a noob, let me say it took me all of 30 seconds to find out not only the preferred gps software us vs europe, as well as that my preferred software is the one package which is actually worse on a carputer than streets & trips (guess which one)

Comment

Street Atlas?
                      Originally posted by ghettocruzer
                      I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
                      Want to:
                      -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
                      -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

Would that be delormie?
                        Current projects: iGmod reloaded (Latest release) (put on hiatus indefinatly)

Unlimited Internet and gps tracking for $6 a month with boost mobile!

Carputer 2: www.lmaocar.com

Comment

I'd say get streets and trips 2006, it seems to have more detail than iGuidance (2.1.1 tested) for my purposes (flying, driving).. Couldn't we just at least steer him in the right direction? heh... anyways, I'm still a n00b too lol
                          (Picture) - me doing a wheelie on my ty 175

Comment

you are correct, sir

It is DeLorme Street Atlas (Plus 2006 in this case) which is wonderful software, unless of course you are trying to drive or use a screen less than 15 inches wide. it's kind of like mounting an F-15 cockpit your car. And the best part is. It doesn't like Dragon NaturallySpeaking all.

Comment

Well I won't bother asking which is best. As in Front-ends, it all comes down to preference and needs. I'm just gonna "try" them. Then make my final decision.

Comment

Working...
                              X