gps reciever

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gps reciever

hey ive seen this reciever sold on both ebay and in the LinITX.com store, however, having done a search on the forum i cant seem to find anybodies reviews of how good it is. ebay link Im after a reasonably priced gps reciever for my carputer im in the process of building and I was hoping for a wireless one to save me having to run its wires through to suitable position and also because my computer will have bluetooth so it seems easier. Can anybody give me their view of this reciever having used it? Thanks!

I haven't used it, but if you're building a carputer, I would have thought a USB or serial mouse like the BU-353 or 355 would be easier than getting it to go through wireless.. Just my opinion, but if you're going to the trouble of setting up a carputer, just hardwire it with a mouse you can hide on the dash

I just can't help but think you would get less hassel with it hardwired? just thoughts
    (Picture) - me doing a wheelie on my ty 175

Comment

you may be right..... hm........ Thanks for the opinion, much appreciated as always.

Comment

definitely go wired. if your going to put in a carputer thats gonna STAY in the car than definitely get a wired reciever. preferably serial connection (no hibernation issues) i just recently went from the bu 303 (usb) to an onstar tap with a serial connection and i get better locks with my onstar.
        i got dat ***** sittin on 22s! SUPERMAN EDITION!

Comment

Originally posted by EsKALad
          definitely go wired. if your going to put in a carputer thats gonna STAY in the car than definitely get a wired reciever. preferably serial connection (no hibernation issues) i just recently went from the bu 303 (usb) to an onstar tap with a serial connection and i get better locks with my onstar.

Comment

What hibernation issues?

Comment

Sometimes Windows thinks a USB GPS mouse is a serial mouse, and the cursor jumps around the screen all crazy. It will happen a lot on coming out of hibernation. If you can get to Device Manager you can disable the serial mouse and stop it.

Comment

Right. Usually you can just disable it and it shouldn't happen again, or disable serial mouse, or use a nodectect startup option.

Comment

I got a Holux 210 USB off ebay for $45 shipped. Works wonderful with iGuidance.

Comment

Working...
                  X