Garmin NAV on PC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garmin NAV on PC

Hi, I just visited a friend who bought a Garmin NAV, the one with a touchscreen "Garmin StreetPilot c340" . The interface is so user friendly, and that is what i have been looking for. I wonder if there is any GPS software that i can install on my carpc to have the same interface. I am currently using Street Atlas and most of the time it can't find the address. Thanks

Originally posted by tryme
    Hi, I just visited a friend who bought a Garmin NAV, the one with a touchscreen "Garmin StreetPilot c340" . The interface is so user friendly, and that is what i have been looking for. I wonder if there is any GPS software that i can install on my carpc to have the same interface. I am currently using Street Atlas and most of the time it can't find the address. Thanks

The quick answer is Not Really. First not finding an address is not the interface, it is a database issue.

The long answer is, search the board for IGMod (which is used with IG, which is considered by many to be a great GPS program) and Skinbedder (which can also skin IG, but can be used with ANY type of program), which might allow you to skin SA to have the appearance of the Gramin GPS. But as mentioned, that will not correct your address issue.

Michael
    ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

IC, thanks for the input. Doing the search now.

Comment

Working...
      X