Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free internet?

YO nice site here, i just joined 2day.
    anyways, i heard there was a way 2 get free internet through GPS, is that possible. That be tight.
    Thanx
    Bass is like cocain... ITS ADDICTIVE
    couple days till i have bump in da trunk
    _/---|____
    |_@___@_| <<===My lowrider

Originally posted by keen70
    anyways, i heard there was a way 2 get free internet through GPS, is that possible. That be tight.
    Thanx
    Hmmm, you sure that wasn't GPRS?
    Only true postwhores remember everything they post

REP CLUB IS DEAD
    LONG LIVE REP CLUB

Comment

Originally posted by keen70
      Thanx

WTF? GPS is one way communication by it's very definition so there is definately no way to do internet over it.

Comment

is it possible 2 get freee internet?...im sorta new 2 carputers and want to learn a little bit, i know a good deal bout the 12 volt industry though...thanx
        _/---|____

Comment

Yeah, get a wireless adapter and hook up to an ensecured wireless network
          Only true postwhores remember everything they post

REP CLUB IS DEAD
          LONG LIVE REP CLUB

Comment

im a newbie lol...please give me lamens terms lol...i could hook it up if i knew lol.
            thanx a ton
            _/---|____

Comment

Search on terms 'GPRS'
              Originally posted by ghettocruzer
              I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
              Want to:
              -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
              -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

Yall im sorry 4 being such a newb...ive looked at teh term GPRS.
                I cant find anything, got any links? Is it absolutley free? as in dont need an account? How much is the equipment?
                _/---|____

Comment

Oh this is killing me. GPRS is a form of data transfer for cellphones. Not free. You have to pay for the service. You can get it free if you have a wireless adapter hooked to your computer. But you would have to drive around and find a unsecured wireless network. Not that hard to due. But its not quite ethical and starting to be illiegal.
                  2007 Tahoe
                  Opus with iBase 896 and Pentium M 735 Transflective Xenarc Alpine DVA-9861, PXA-H900, Sinfoni 45X2 (2) 90x2, Genesis Dual Mono, JL 1000/1 (2), Focal Be tweeters, ScanSpeak Revelator Mids, Dynaudio MW170, Dayton 12" Ref.

My Install

Comment

1. There is no free wireless internet that you can access reliably while driving around town. Yes, you can install a WiFi adaptor in your car and cruise open hot-spots, but the range is only a few hundred feet and you would have a difficult time doing anything useful while in motion.

2. You can access the internet from your cell phone. You must PAY for this. There are various circumstances where you may be able to get to it for no extra cost over your current plan, but it depends on your provider, usually takes a lot of research to figure out, and may or may not work for all sites.

3. I typed in "GPRS" in the search box and got back lots of useful responses. They didn't tell me just exactly what you wanted to know, I had to piece it together. Try reading a few more posts. Try search terms "free wireless" or "free internet". Also, head over to Howardforums.com for some info on this topic.
                    Originally posted by ghettocruzer
                    I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
                    Want to:
                    -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
                    -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

wow

Comment

Amazing. You can get unlimited (very slow) internet from tmobile for $5/month with a voice plan.. you can use free wifi access points if you have a wifi card and connect to unsecured networks.. but you're not just gonna find some magical free internet that works everywhere with no account for no cost and no knowledge.

-arebelspy
                        See my trades here! My For Sale/Trade Thread. Email joe at eipse.com
                        Originally posted by xdjxklusivex
                        i think every thread is now a whoreing thread

Comment

Originally posted by rustyboxx
                          Yeah, get a wireless adapter and hook up to an ensecured wireless network

An ensecured wireless network? now I wonder where I could get me one of them?

does it use the nsync protocol?

Comment

why would you need the internet.....if your new to computers?
                            PC Components:
                            Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
                            My work log

Comment

so he can type improperly on the go.

Comment

Working...
                              X