Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UKPGPSW Speed Camera Database to Turn Professional ( IE Charged For )

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UKPGPSW Speed Camera Database to Turn Professional ( IE Charged For )

£2.00 a download rather than free

Terran

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/module...wtopic&t=32554

Terran
    My Project Site

Personally I think they are making a mistake .... The main reason people visit the forums is because they are drawn by the speed cam db .... I know I am.

Comment

Originally posted by ccsnet
      £2.00 a download rather than free

Terran

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/module...wtopic&t=32554

Terran
      I dont like that idea at all. The database is made up by the contributing members to help the community...Im sure they didnt go around places to make someone £2 richer each time its downloaded.

It surely will discourage the contributing member knowing that the site owner get the money for the effort they put in. The site should be getting enough money from the adverts anyway.

If they wanna charge why not charge for the POICAPTURE that they made, after all thats where their effort was put in and not on the database where it was grown by the contributing members.

Is mp3car.com be charging as well by next year?...I think that be a big debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Gobby
        Personally I think they are making a mistake .... The main reason people visit the forums is because they are drawn by the speed cam db .... I know I am.

Agreed...

If they start charging, Ill like to get paid £1 each time I submmit a new cam position. I know that there are a few cam that are placed wrong or dont even exist in the database.

The majority of the cam positions are probably ripped from another database then a few are added/corrected by the members...it be wrong for the site owner to make money out of it IMHO.

Comment

Most are grabbed from a public website, the guy claiming he spends a lot of time updating is making it all up I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Gobby
            Most are grabbed from a public website, the guy claiming he spends a lot of time updating is making it all up I think.
            Thanks for the correction...

Knowing they are trying to make money from others peoples work then Ill rather give my money to TomTom.

Comment

there are loads of cameras that dont exist on the m6 that it warns me about.

not impressed about charging for it tho, but its quite cheap i guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaz

Those will be the old SPECS nr 21 ?

Terran
                My Project Site

Comment

Originally posted by Jaz

Can you tell me where about in the M6 as I have the official TomTom speedcam POIs ( Im sure I do ) and I can check it against PGPSW POIs.

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer
                    haven't I seen this thread somewhere before?
                    Dimensure mate...

Re specs - There used to be soem at 21 now there are some 37-28 I thin ( although there is a gap...

Terran
                    My Project Site

Comment

Hi, folks,

since today you can download the complete up-to-data safety camera database of whole Europe for Map Monkey for free at:
                      http://www.scdb.info/en/plugin-mapmonkey/

The only thing to do is register for free at SCDB.info and click on the downloadbutton. If you find a mistake in our database, please use our "Report"-form. A special offer for all Map Monkey users, if you find a speedcam that is not in our database, you get access for unlimited time, if you send us all needed informations, like pictures of the speedcam and gps-position. We hope that our service can improve the level of awareness of the great Map Monkey. Feedback is greatly appreciated!
                      SCDB.info - The European Speed Camera Database

Comment

Originally posted by SCDB.info
                        Hi, folks,

since today you can download the complete up-to-data safety camera database of whole Europe for Map Monkey for free at:
                        http://www.scdb.info/en/plugin-mapmonkey/

The only thing to do is register for free at SCDB.info and click on the downloadbutton. If you find a mistake in our database, please use our "Report"-form. A special offer for all Map Monkey users, if you find a speedcam that is not in our database, you get access for unlimited time, if you send us all needed informations, like pictures of the speedcam and gps-position. We hope that our service can improve the level of awareness of the great Map Monkey. Feedback is greatly appreciated!
                        Intresting - how does yours compaire to theres ? Also have you seen www.freedrive.co.uk as well ? Are you going to support the PC version of NCK6 ?

Terran
                        My Project Site

Comment

If you drop either Cdr or I a pm or both we can integrate something. I haven't been around recently but about to be much more proactive with Freedrive

Comment

Originally posted by ccsnet
                            Intresting - how does yours compaire to theres ? Also have you seen www.freedrive.co.uk as well ? Are you going to support the PC version of NCK6 ?

Terran
                            Not today. I know Freedrive, but I don´t know, is there any plug-in interface for external POI´s like speedcams.
                            SCDB.info - The European Speed Camera Database

Comment

Working...
                            X