• Show
Clear All

• Different voice for microsoft 06

I am tired of the robot voice, Delorme had a noice english woman, 0l33l

Any way I can change the voice out?
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=759606

FS FT Thread

96 Eagle Talon TSI AWD
    Custom blue LED interior and Dash, Buddy club2, ViS Fenders, Phillips Ds2 Bulbs, Valeo-Fresnal ECE H7s, Mitsubishi Ballasts

Start > settings > "Control Panel" > Speech > "Text To Speech" and select a different "robot" LOL.

You may be able to download some other voices on the Internet. Some may be better than others. But a robot is a robot is a robot. No matter how good it is, it just is not as nice as a real human voice. (The best voice add-on for MS Streets & Trips is called iGuidance )

Comment

Originally posted by Marvin Hlavac
      it just is not as nice as a real human voice. (The best voice add-on for MS Streets & Trips is called iGuidance )

very true, I once rented a midget for my backset directions and car alarm, but he moved onto better pay, I think he deals with cadillacs now.

Thank you! no more horrible robot voicce, now i need to get iguidance.

FS FT Thread

96 Eagle Talon TSI AWD
      Custom blue LED interior and Dash, Buddy club2, ViS Fenders, Phillips Ds2 Bulbs, Valeo-Fresnal ECE H7s, Mitsubishi Ballasts

Comment

speaking of the voice... anyone had their voice break? one day i booted it up and it said the SAPI(speech api) had a problem... then i looked under control panel-> speech and the voice that is selected is named Anna, i changed it to Michelle and it works (but the voice is even worse than the default Anna)

Any suggestions on how to get Anna to work?

Another thing about the voice that annoys me is that sometimes the text navigation panel will say "Turn left onto I-405 ramp" whereas the voice will just say "in xx miles, turn left", i've missed turns because of this.
        B Smoov
        Project Status: 90% Complete

Next Step: TIVO for Radio

Ampie Case :: MII10000 Mobo :: M1-ATX PSU :: 512MB RAM :: 2.5" HD, 60GB, 5400rpm, 16MB Buffer :: DWW-700H :: Centrafuse

Comment

Originally posted by buurin
          Any suggestions on how to get Anna to work?

a slap on the *** usually does it for me

FS FT Thread

96 Eagle Talon TSI AWD

Comment

Download 'ATT Natural Voices 1_4 Engine and Crystal' from the torrent sites...

Miles better than the robots, these are about 80% human as oposed to 10% human for MS Sam etc...
            My Nissan 200SX @ Silverstone
            NOW SADLY WRITTEN OFF!

My Car's spec list + pics

Stealth CarPC fab'ing...

Comment

hmf, its in bitlord, no seeders yet... Cant wait!

FS FT Thread

96 Eagle Talon TSI AWD

Comment

AT&T voices

If you're going with AT&T, Lauren (or audry if you like the UK accent) is the better voice.

Comment

or you can can change and use igudiens and have your gf record all the wav files for you !!!!
                  igud...
                  HOnda Accord '94

Comment

I haven't tried the AT&T voices, but the new Anna is a HUGE improvement over Sam and his buddies! Anna is one of the new voices that will come with Windows Vista.

Roger

Comment

Working...
                    X