gps with external antenna jack?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gps with external antenna jack?

been looking...cant find. is there a USB gps receiver that has the provisions for an external antenna... or is this a mod only type thing?

really interested in one of the all in one antennas. id like to be able to tuck away all the external devices.

i just bought the Engenius Senao so i have the wifi taken care of. just need to get the GPS unit off the dash now.

sorry double clicked the post... duplicate thread dont see how i can delete.

please delete

Comment

GPSlim 236 has an external antenna plug. The receiver works as a USB receiver with an optional ($19) USB cable. Otherwise it works as a Bluetooth GPS receiver. The optional external antenna is also about $19 if memory serves.

But if all you need is as you say "get the GPS unit off the dash", most GPS receivers (mouse-type) do have magnetic base, so perhaps that is all you need.

Comment

i thought about the magnetic base... but i figured if i am going to put one of those all in one antennas... i may as well find a gps too. thanks for your info on the gps unit...

Comment

Working...
        X