help BR 355

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help BR 355

so i just got my carputer set up and when i installed my new BR 355 gps, i-guidance cant find it. So i went to the device manger and windows xp is finding it as an unknown usb serial device. I have tried everything. There isnt a driver that i can find. There has to be an answer someone please help.

I don't have that model, but a BU-353. It uses a Prolific USB-to-serial driver.
    It's worth a shot.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

yeah i guess i will have to try that. correct me if im wrong but arent you supose to just plug it in to the usb and it should auto detect?

Comment

Windows will detect the device, sure.
        But unless you supply the correct drivers for Windows to communicate with the device, it won't function.
        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Right-click on My Computer and choose manage. Choose Device Manager on the left and look at Ports to see if the receiver is there. Did you install the driver that came with the receiver before loading the maps from iguidance? Also, try this. I was having the same problem and I finally got it to work.
          02 Accord Coupe EX V6

Comment

it didn't come with a driver that is why i am so confused. And when i checked the site where i bought it from it said the BR 355 doesn't use a driver. If there is a driver can someone send me a link for it.

Comment

i have the cd but try this link: http://www.usglobalsat.com/downloads...USB-Driver.zip
              02 Accord Coupe EX V6

Comment

btw, from where i bought it from: "Note: Ready to use out of the box. Does not required Driver to be installed on your Pocket PC. Just set baud rate to 4800 and open COM 1 on your GPS Application." it says pocket pc but i think you do need one for pc.
                02 Accord Coupe EX V6

Comment

that link didnt work anyone else having problems with it or could someone send me the file, seems like such a common gps reciever for only me to be having this problem.

Comment

found a driver so now it is working of the usb.

Comment

Working...
                    X