Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i e-mailed destinator for the sdk, 2 week wait?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i e-mailed destinator for the sdk, 2 week wait?

I emailed rafiq kassam over at the destinator website, asking about the destinator sdk, This was his reply

"Hello,
    Thank you for your interest in our Destinator SDK. More details can be found at http://www.destinatorsdk.com/sdk/?language=English
    You can purchase the SDK off our website however I would suggest waiting for approximately two weeks. Our developers are updating SDK V5 which had some bugs that came to light after its initial release. These issues are being fixed and an update will be released soon.
    We have had two SDK's, first SDK V3 which is no longer supported and SDK V5 which was mentioned above.
    Hope this information will help.
    Thanks
    Rafiq"

What are the chances of the updated SDK v5 being released in a fortnight? Is it worthwhile waiting on the updated version? as I read a lot about broken promises when it comes to release dates etc., also on the link that he sent, there is an option to buy the £50 SDK Support Package Trial ! , it states that it is a trial version, I dont want to buy it only to be stuck with an out of date piece of software that doesnt work a month down the line?

Has anyone else tryed to buy the software lately?

Thanks

Shuggyboy

AMD 1200 Duron
    7" liliput touchscreen
    opus 150w
    (still on the development stages!)
    Celeron 2ghz, 1 gig ram, 200 gig sata, DRU-R100 radio, wifi g, 7"lilliput touchscreen, opus 150w dc-dc, laptop slot load Dvd, BU-353 GPS , Destinator, Road Runner MC2.0
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...ord+focus+2000

updated...

"Hello Hugh,
    You can email me in two weeks time and I will be able to update you. Please keep in mind that we no longer support SDK v3 and will only support SDK v5. The two are different software's and anything created with SDK V3 will not work with SDK V5 and vice versa.
    Thank you
    Rafiq"
    Celeron 2ghz, 1 gig ram, 200 gig sata, DRU-R100 radio, wifi g, 7"lilliput touchscreen, opus 150w dc-dc, laptop slot load Dvd, BU-353 GPS , Destinator, Road Runner MC2.0
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...ord+focus+2000

Comment

Does the update to V5 concern anyone, seems to suggest that MapMonkey will not work with it.
      I really want to get Destinator so I can run MapMonkey, but am getting more and more confused. Any thoughts?
      Hardware:- VIA EPIA MII 12000 LVDS 1.2Ghz : 137.95 + 512Mb PC2100 DDR Memory : 49.34 + Opus 150w Shuttle PSU: 128 + 7 Lilliput 629 Touchscreen: 173.90 + 2.5 40Gb 5200rpm Laptop Drive + Slotload Laptop CD-RW/DVD-ROM + Hauppage WinTV-PCI-FM : 53.95

Comment

Where on the destinator site can you buy the PC version? I only see versions for smartphones and PDA's...

'01
        Hang on while I defragment my car...

the Acura ITX project
        the Acura ITX skin for RoadRunner
        project progress: 99%

Comment

There is no pc version. There are Smartphone and PDA versions. However there is an SDK (Software Developers Kit) and Map Monkey (A frontend). Using Map Monkey, one file from the SDK, and the maps from the PDA version you can set up a working PC version.
          Hardware:- VIA EPIA MII 12000 LVDS 1.2Ghz : 137.95 + 512Mb PC2100 DDR Memory : 49.34 + Opus 150w Shuttle PSU: 128 + 7 Lilliput 629 Touchscreen: 173.90 + 2.5 40Gb 5200rpm Laptop Drive + Slotload Laptop CD-RW/DVD-ROM + Hauppage WinTV-PCI-FM : 53.95

Comment

Does anyone have an email address other than the one listed on the site for these guys. I ordered my SDK last week and still have not received anything. I emailed them wednesday and still have not heard back from them. So if anyone knows of another way to get ahold of them I would appreciate it.

Thanks
            Todd
            EPIA MII 1200, M1-ATX PSU, 1GB PC2100, 80 gig Hitachi HD, Pioneer DVD-RW, Delorme GPS, Lilliput 8"

Comment

Working...
            X