london congestion charge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• london congestion charge

anyone know if any GPS software picking up the congesiton charge? i know tomtom does

thanks

Hmm? You mean, does the mapping software show the congestion charge locations?
    Originally posted by ghettocruzer
    I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
    Want to:
    -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
    -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

well on the tomtom if i plan a route it will tell me. Toll road on your route would you like to avoid it. Im looking for something that can do that or something very similar.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbun
        well on the tomtom if i plan a route it will tell me. Toll road on your route would you like to avoid it. Im looking for something that can do that or something very similar.
        I have only seen that "avoid congestion charge" features in Tomtom. It really put the other PC based GPS apps to shame.

Comment

You can download, the Congestion charge entry points as POI's and then import them into your Navigation program.

Unfortunately I don't think you can get it to avoid those roads when you route. Unless your nav program has that setting.

POI's Here

POI edit if needed here

Comment

I don't see any "Avoid" function in FreeDrive or MapMonkey, so I guess Destinator doesn't support it. Mappoint does support this function, simply click and drag to select a square on the map and click Tools>Avoid Area. You can resize the area selected at any time, however you need to recalculate the route for the changes to be taken into account.
            The Destinator PC frontends allow you to import POI locations. Mappoint also. iGuidance currently does not. I wondered about using MapPoint minimised to deal with POI, and run iGuidance on top for map display and routing.
            www.debthelpexpert.org

Comment

Originally posted by Chris31
              I have only seen that "avoid congestion charge" features in Tomtom. It really put the other PC based GPS apps to shame.
              Our only hope there may be CDRSkull. Judging from his icons he's a bit of a TomTom fan too and should any sensible sensible solution (ie a TomTom SDK) become available I guess he'd be on to it.
              www.debthelpexpert.org

Comment

just avoid london full stop!

EDIT: arghh! freaky post count - 12,666

Comment

Working...
                X