Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to enter "county roads"

Hello all,

I searched and was unable to find an answer, if i missed it please post a link. Here's my problem:

In my area, all addresses are county roads. For instance

19332 County Road 501
    Phenix City, AL 36870

I just purchased a Lowrance iWay 350C. When driving around it lists all the local roads as CR-### which is fine, but when I try to plot an address for directions it seems not to find these roads. For instance:

19183 County Road 197
    Phenix City, AL 36870

I have tried spelling out "county road" just putting "CR-197" i have tried using the county name "Lee Road 197" i have tried "county rd 197" nothing seems to work.

Can anyone PLEASE help! If there is no way to enter these this unit is worthless, I bought it for my wife who is in real estate and every address it "county road ###" so if it won't take it it will do her no good.

thanks!

Not sure if it will work but try this. When you click an accual street, or county road, it tells you the adress you clicked on. Look at the way it's written and try doing a search writting the same way.

eg. In streets and trips it's written 1745 concession 2 Rd

Bland

Comment

Originally posted by bland
      Not sure if it will work but try this. When you click an accual street, or county road, it tells you the adress you clicked on. Look at the way it's written and try doing a search writting the same way.

eg. In streets and trips it's written 1745 concession 2 Rd

Bland
      Thanks for the reply, when you click on the road it says "CR-####" minus the " " ofcourse.

Heres another kicker to the story: I looked up a local point of interest "GAS STATION" it displays several and one of them is listed as:

Citgo
      232 Lee Road 2043
      Phenix City, AL 36870

so i clicked on goto and it calculated a route to the citgo station. I cleared the route and tried typing the address in manually and once again it couldn't find Lee Road 2043.

Comment

what sofware are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by bland
          what sofware are you using?
          navteq i think

Comment

I have this same problem with IGuidance in Florida. It will find the location when I drive to the actual road, but if I am not familiar with the area, none of the variations of "county road" listed above will work.
            2005 Black Chevy Impala
            Current Status: Installed in Vehicle/Testing 75%

Comment

Originally posted by usernameunkown
              navteq i think
              I don't believe Navteq sells a Navi program. THey sell the map data to comapnies that make navi programs.

Have you tried contacting the Tech Support for the software supplier?

Michael
              ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiredwrx
                I don't believe Navteq sells a Navi program. THey sell the map data to comapnies that make navi programs.

Have you tried contacting the Tech Support for the software supplier?

Michael
                from Lowrance.com:

Built-in, detailed and highly accurate NAVTEQ® turn-by-turn database for the continental U.S. and Canada with over 5 million Points-Of-Interest

I was gonna call them today but there only open 8-4:30, and i got really busy so i'll try again tommarow.

Comment

Originally posted by usernameunkown
                  from Lowrance.com:

Built-in, detailed and highly accurate NAVTEQ® turn-by-turn database for the continental U.S. and Canada with over 5 million Points-Of-Interest

I was gonna call them today but there only open 8-4:30, and i got really busy so i'll try again tommarow.
                  Once again, Navteq doesn't provide mapping/navi programs. They supply the underlying map data. The SW developer creates the mapping and navi program using the Navteq maps.

Soooo, which program are you using. I went to the lawrence site, and can;t find any Navi programs on thier site.

Michael
                  ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiredwrx
                    Once again, Navteq doesn't provide mapping/navi programs. They supply the underlying map data. The SW developer creates the mapping and navi program using the Navteq maps.

Soooo, which program are you using. I went to the lawrence site, and can;t find any Navi programs on thier site.

Michael

Now it makes sense. You are not using a carputer.

Hate to be a ball buster, but is there a reason you are on this forum asking about a Non Carputer related NAVI system?

Also, have you googled for a solution?

Michael

Comment

Thought I would help out a little.

http://reviews.cnet.com/Lowrance_iWa...sageID=2501593

Michael

Comment

Working...
                      X