GPS to PDA Connection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPS to PDA Connection

I'm wanting to have a smaller version of a carputer, using my HP Jornada 568 Pocket Pc...I want to use my magellan gps 320, pocket streets, and a compact flash card full of mp3s....

My magellan gps 320 will work with my laptop or desktop, but it has a serial db9 connector to connect it to a pc......my problem is, i would like to hook my gps 320 to my jornada through that serial connection..

my first plan was to go like this:
    gps serial connector-->jornada serial sync cable-->jornada 568

second, i could connect it like this
    gps serial connector-->serial to usb cable-->jornada usb sync cable--> jornada 568

would either of these ways work with my jornada and allow me to display gps information on pocket streets?

thanks for the help, and im glad to be here

Originally posted by farmboy30
    I'm wanting to have a smaller version of a carputer, using my HP Jornada 568 Pocket Pc...I want to use my magellan gps 320, pocket streets, and a compact flash card full of mp3s....

My magellan gps 320 will work with my laptop or desktop, but it has a serial db9 connector to connect it to a pc......my problem is, i would like to hook my gps 320 to my jornada through that serial connection..

my first plan was to go like this:
    gps serial connector-->jornada serial sync cable-->jornada 568

second, i could connect it like this
    gps serial connector-->serial to usb cable-->jornada usb sync cable--> jornada 568

would either of these ways work with my jornada and allow me to display gps information on pocket streets?

thanks for the help, and im glad to be here
    Your first scenario most likely will work but you will have to have a null modem adapter in the middle. The second one won't work because the pocket PC is not capable of being a USB host. Try www.pdastreet.com
    ~Jimmy

Comment

something like this??

Ebay Link Null Modem Adapter Male to Male

Comment

Yep
        ~Jimmy

Comment

Working...
        X