Vehicle GPS Logging

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vehicle GPS Logging

Has anyone tried this BT GPS http://www.deluoelectronics.com/cust...1&cat=1&page=1 from Deluo for tracking where your car has been, for example when your kids take it out? I'm wondering about this or something similar to use in a car with no CarPC.

Anyone have any suggestions for an alternative? I just got a TeleType BY GPS which has some software which appears to do the same if you leave a PocketPC in the car. The integrated Deluo unit seems much more convenient although it is still fairly pricy.

Chris.

A boost mobile phone ($50), a data cable (~$8), $6 every month or so, and load the mologogo software and bam cheap gps tracker.

You will probably want to hack a nextel car charger into the cars electrical system somewhere for a more pernament solution. car chargers are $1 at (gasp) dollar stores.

A charge of a motorola i415 will go for a good 14 hours uploading points, im imagining you could put one of these phones in a box with a strong magnet and wip it onto the bottom of a car you wanted to spontaneously track too. Its like being james bond.
    Current projects: iGmod reloaded (Latest release) (put on hiatus indefinatly)

Unlimited Internet and gps tracking for $6 a month with boost mobile!

Carputer 2: www.lmaocar.com

Comment

Can any of the GPS software packages be set to create a map of a session (a session being from the time the program is turned on to the time it is exited)? Then simply look at the logs perhaps?
      2001 SS Camaro carputer | My solar dish project/

Comment

Working...
      X