Someone try this route in iGuidance and tell me what's up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone try this route in iGuidance and tell me what's up

Try starting anywhere on Ohio St in lawrence, KS, and ending anywhere on Kindred st in Smithville, MO....iGuidance will only use K10 or I70....it completely avoids US24/40. Anyone looking at google maps, or Street Atlas would see that 24/40 is easily a possible way to get there, but iG steers clear of it like the plague. What's with the routing that makes it avoid it all the time? Even when on 24/40 it only wants to route you to another highway.

Try changing settings between Shortest and Quickest route.

Comment

I did, it still only wants those two roads.

Comment

Have you posed this question to iNav?
        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

No, I just got it up and running today, and didn't know if this was something others figured out how to fix or what.

Comment

I have iGuidance as well.
            The issue that I had was the mapset was older, although not as old as other software. I now have MapPoint2006 and the only roads that I've found locally that aren't there is an extension of the George Bush Turnpike between I-635 & I-35E that opened up maybe six months ago.

I never had issues with the routes that iGuidance chose, only the lack of flexibility.
            Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
            How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

I have issues with iGuidance as well.

It will tell me to take asanine routes most of the time.

What I REALLY prefer about S&T/MP is that I can plan a route...since I rarely ever go the normal way...damn, I really have been riding a motorcycle too much...lol
              Jan Bennett
              FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Originally posted by Red GTi VR6

I have issues with iGuidance as well.

It will tell me to take asanine routes most of the time.

...since I rarely ever go the normal way...

Comment

yeah -I know - but it still tells me to go some off the wall way even when I AM going on the normal roads...lol
                  Jan Bennett

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

In my geographical area iGuidance tends to unreasonably favor highways. Most of the time the routes are fine, though. I recommend people to use the "Quickest" setting at all times (other settings may often generate bizarre routing).

Comment

that's a good way of putting it Marvin - it does tend to HEAVILY favor the largest, highest flowing roads a bit too much
                      Jan Bennett

Comment

I'll be very curious to find out if they tuned up the routing algorithm a little bit in the upcoming version 2.2.

Comment

good point
                          Jan Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by Marvin Hlavac
                            I'll be very curious to find out if they tuned up the routing algorithm a little bit in the upcoming version 2.2.
                            I'm curious as to how close it is till it's released.

Comment

We have already passed some earlier ETA's, so really we could hear about v.2.2 any day now.

Comment

Working...
                              X