Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anybody know the br355's ps/2 connector's pinout?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anybody know the br355's ps/2 connector's pinout?

I bought a br355 receiver from ebay pretty cheaply last week, and it just came with the ps/2 to serial adapter. I don't have the y-cable, and have no desire to buy one just to get power to the receiver, when I can just make my own.

So, I was wondering if anyone knew which pins on the receiver's ps/2 connector are used for power? Are the power lines the same as a normal ps/2 connector?

I've already hacked apart the ps/2 to serial adapter, at it looks like the normal ps/2 power lines are connected to pins on the serial connector, which I find odd since the receiver doesn't get power from the serial connector, as far as I know.

I also just got a br355 with the serial adapter. What Y-cable are you talking about? The ps/2 connector goes to the ps/2 port and the other connects to your serial adapter cable.
    APPS:
    "RR CD Drive Monitor"

Skins:
    Download the "MAS" beta here...
    New! The Skin Skin community project.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet05
      I also just got a br355 with the serial adapter. What Y-cable are you talking about? The ps/2 connector goes to the ps/2 port and the other connects to your serial adapter cable.
      There's just a single ps/2 connector coming from the br355 receiver. Isn't there a Y-cable that you plug the receiver into, and then the Y-cable splits it into 2 other ps/2 connectors. Then you plug one into the ps/2 port on the motherboard, and the other goes to the serial adapter?

I'm missing that cable

Comment

First off there is some good info here:

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...ghlight=BR-355

Secondly I think you got the wrong cable:

This is the one you need see in the pic the two ps/2 type connectors one goes to the ps/2 port on the lappy the other goes to the gps unit it self

The pinouts are on the page too check it out:

http://www.usglobalsat.com/item.asp?itemid=4
        APPS:
        "RR CD Drive Monitor"

Skins:

Comment

I don't have a cable at all. It's just a 1 ps/2 to 1 serial port adapter that's about 1" long.

The pinout looks exactly like what I need, though. Thank you

Comment

I see now you have a ps/2 <-> serial dongle and you want to hack it duhh.... Happy hacking.
            APPS:
            "RR CD Drive Monitor"

Skins:

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet05
              I see now you have a ps/2 <-> serial dongle and you want to hack it duhh.... Happy hacking.
              well, that's what the guy sent me, so I assumed that's what I needed :\

Oh well, it shouldn't take more than 5 minutes to solder everything how it's needed.

thanks for clearing it up for me

edit: soldered it up and it works fine

Comment

Working...
              X