Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Google Earth v4 Beta and Linux support!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Google Earth v4 Beta and Linux support!

    News to me, apparently not only is there a version 4, but linux is now supported on versions 3 & 4

    http://earth.google.com/earth4.html
    GE Cache Builder | me@cardomain |Coolstuff :autospeed.com | bit-tech.net | Nitemax Ultra Pinouts

  • #2
    Google Earth Rocks!!

    I think I want to marry Google Earth.
    So far:
    M10000 Nehemiah, 1Gb RAM, Opus 90w PS, Buffalo Tech WLI2-USB2-G54, 160 Gb HDD, GlobalSat BU-353 GPS, iGuidance, Zippy EL-610, Panasonic CW8123B Slim Slot CDRW/DVD, 10" Lilliput, Sony XA-300, Sony CDX-MP30 Head, OBD-II

    Comment


    • #3
      I dont now if this is the right forum but I need to ask this. Is there a GPS for mac? If there is..... Is this applicable here in the philippines. thanks

      Comment


      • #4
        You're right chakd. This isn't the right place for your question. You should start your own thread instead of hi-jacking this one.

        I don't know much about Mac's, but I'm certain that any GPS receiver that is USB will work with a Mac. The problem then becomes the software. For that you would would need to make sure whatever software you got had maps for the Philipines. That question I can't answer. I suggest posting a new thread in the GPS subforum.
        So far:
        M10000 Nehemiah, 1Gb RAM, Opus 90w PS, Buffalo Tech WLI2-USB2-G54, 160 Gb HDD, GlobalSat BU-353 GPS, iGuidance, Zippy EL-610, Panasonic CW8123B Slim Slot CDRW/DVD, 10" Lilliput, Sony XA-300, Sony CDX-MP30 Head, OBD-II

        Comment


        • #5
          I love GE 4! I just wrote a little app to make our use of it for GPS a little bit easier.

          Since my net conn in my car is super slow if non-existent (GPRS when available), I needed a cache of the areas I would likely drive in, but building a large cache by hand is a pain! So, I wrote a cache builder app! I hope you all like it, as GE just rocks and this should make life a little bit easier
          Cache Builder for GE is here!

          My Sonata's Gallery.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by njwashor
            I love GE 4! I just wrote a little app to make our use of it for GPS a little bit easier.

            Since my net conn in my car is super slow if non-existent (GPRS when available), I needed a cache of the areas I would likely drive in, but building a large cache by hand is a pain! So, I wrote a cache builder app! I hope you all like it, as GE just rocks and this should make life a little bit easier
            Cool. I'll have to take a look at it and see if I can adapt it for nix use.
            GE Cache Builder | me@cardomain |Coolstuff :autospeed.com | bit-tech.net | Nitemax Ultra Pinouts

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by shotgunefx
              Cool. I'll have to take a look at it and see if I can adapt it for nix use.
              It's written in C++ VS 2003 right now, using some windows specific code, but could be overcome in a few hours I'm sure I'm starting to learn QT, so when I get a better hang of that, I'll transition it over.

              Nate
              Cache Builder for GE is here!

              My Sonata's Gallery.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by njwashor
                It's written in C++ VS 2003 right now, using some windows specific code, but could be overcome in a few hours I'm sure I'm starting to learn QT, so when I get a better hang of that, I'll transition it over.

                Nate
                Sweet. I'm not that familar with QT myself, so one less thing to learn at the moment.
                GE Cache Builder | me@cardomain |Coolstuff :autospeed.com | bit-tech.net | Nitemax Ultra Pinouts

                Comment

                Working...
                X