Navigation RGB connector question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navigation RGB connector question

Ok this might be a dumb question but i have a pyle 7" in dash it has an RGB input on the back of it... it is not touch screen... but can i use that to hook up a navigation system and if so can i use any brand or will it only work with specific units.. please help

this is what i have....
    PL2DNTV7

Do you know the pin out for RGB? If so, may be you can do some "hack" like PSOne LCD hack to take RGB signal from the PC.

Fair enough, you should delete your post on the other thread. That is double posting and you are less likely to get usefull answer but flameeeeee.
    2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
    89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
    Y2K Accord Dell GX150
    RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
    EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

its round with 9 pins.... the problem is that I can't do a PC... one i drive a 04 f150.... very very limited space... two i don't know how to build one nor do i want to. I wanted to buy a kenwood or alpine add on navigation they all say they use a rgb plug.

Comment

hmm, ive wondered this too, i have one on my old panasonic dvd unit. but i never found any navi units from panasonic that would fit. then i just said screw it and for the money i could just get a carputer =P
        Carputer HIFI car stereo project!
        [XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-]
        95% COMPLETE! FINALIZING SOFTWARE PLATFORM!

[XXXXXX--------------]
        30% COMPLETE! CAPUTER Version 2.0! Hardware FAILING! CARPUTER BLEW UP! AND NOW MONITOR TOO! WTF?!

Comment

More than likely the 9pin connector is for the DVD/CD changer control the page the OP linked to. I doubt they'd have an RGB input on the back of a unit like that.

Comment

actually the manual and the label on the back says RGB connector. it looks almost like one of those large old keyboard connectors sorta. or at least its about that size. the manual says its for navi as well.
            Carputer HIFI car stereo project!
            [XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-]
            95% COMPLETE! FINALIZING SOFTWARE PLATFORM!

[XXXXXX--------------]
            30% COMPLETE! CAPUTER Version 2.0! Hardware FAILING! CARPUTER BLEW UP! AND NOW MONITOR TOO! WTF?!

Comment

Try contacting Pyle for a pinout then. You could be right.

Comment

Working...
              X