Problems with iGuidance, skinbedder, IGMON, RoadRunner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with iGuidance, skinbedder, IGMON, RoadRunner

I'm trying to figure this out as I go and after a day of reading and testing, I think it's time to ask some questions. I have Road Runner working perfect and iGuidance working perfect. For some reason I'm unable to put the two together. I ran IGMON, both beta and non beta, with both iGuidance and IGLAUNCH, but still can't get it. So here we go.

I open RoadRunner and get this.

Then I click OK and get this.

After lots of troubleshooting, I realized I could right click RoadRunner on the task bar, minimize it, and I get this.

So I click the restore button to bring it up and get this.

And finally, when I restore RoadRunner, I get this.

So that's just part 1. Now we click the 4 arrows on the bottom of the navigation window and get this.

I click OK and it gives me this.

I click OK again and get this.

Now, I do have Windows set to open new browser windows as new instances but I don't think that would have anything to do with this. Or would it? Also, it appears to be changing songs everytime I click on something here, how is that?
    Ampie Case
    2.5" Hard Drive 80GB Samsung 5400RPM
    256 MB DDR2 PC5400
    Xenarc 700TSV - VGA Monitor
    Intel D945GCLF Motherboard
    M2-ATX-HV

2005 Honda Civic

I believe you problem is with the "Please make sure you have your GPS device COnnected" Try putting you GPS device in and have iguidance read its port upon load and then try it.... Second, dont use Igmon with iglaunch
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant
    Progress: 90% [-▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓- ->

Carputer Specs:
    Via M10K
    512mb Ram
    60GB HDD
    Souund Blaster Audigy2 NX
    OPUS ITX PC Case

Comment

Originally posted by Cheekz185
      I believe you problem is with the "Please make sure you have your GPS device COnnected" Try putting you GPS device in and have iguidance read its port upon load and then try it.... Second, dont use Igmon with iglaunch
      Sorry, I don't get it. My GPS is always connected on port 3, how do I get iGuidance to read it upon load?
      I already ran IGMON, is there a way to unrun it?
      Ampie Case
      256 MB DDR2 PC5400
      M2-ATX-HV

2005 Honda Civic

Comment

In iGuidance go to "Tool" go down to GPS Options and then go to COM Port and then make sure that Com 3 is selected
        2002 Mitsubishi Galant
        Progress: 90% [-▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓- ->

Carputer Specs:
        Via M10K
        512mb Ram
        60GB HDD
        Souund Blaster Audigy2 NX
        OPUS ITX PC Case

Comment

I think gpsgate has the ability to deliver dummy data to iGuidance while the real gps is loading. What you are seeing is a symptom of USB gps recievers comming out of hibernation.
          Current projects: iGmod reloaded (Latest release) (put on hiatus indefinatly)

Unlimited Internet and gps tracking for $6 a month with boost mobile!

Carputer 2: www.lmaocar.com

Comment

Originally posted by Cheekz185
            In iGuidance go to "Tool" go down to GPS Options and then go to COM Port and then make sure that Com 3 is selected
            It already is selected.
            Ampie Case
            256 MB DDR2 PC5400
            M2-ATX-HV

2005 Honda Civic

Comment

Damn, I changed the Road Runner external GPS link from Skinbedder to IGLaunch, reinstalled iGuidance and pow!

But when I hit the 4 arrows, I'm still getting this ****. Why does it load iGuidance outside Road Runner? Even if I close Road Runner at this point, iGuidance stays open.

Also, the button sizes changed, how do I change them back? I saw a big button mod but I don't remember doing that. And I heard it doesn't work for iGuidance 2.1.3. I don't know, somehow I had bigger buttons.
              Ampie Case
              256 MB DDR2 PC5400
              M2-ATX-HV

2005 Honda Civic

Comment

yeah I too had problems with getting IG to run in RR. I just gave up.....yeah I'm lazy and hoping that a better alternative will come along.

Comment

iGLaunch won't work if you don't have the GPS receiver hooked up. Here's a hint: run iG with the |nowarning.
                  PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                  GammaControl v2.4
                  SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Originally posted by 0l33l
                    iGLaunch won't work if you don't have the GPS receiver hooked up. Here's a hint: run iG with the |nowarning.
                    The receiver is hooked up. And how do I run the |nowarning command?
                    Ampie Case
                    256 MB DDR2 PC5400
                    M2-ATX-HV

2005 Honda Civic

Comment

open iguidance outside of everything else. Make sure you havea connection. Close it. Run it inside iglaunch. Should embed right (unless you need to change somethin in the .ini).
                      mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
                      Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
                      Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02
                        open iguidance outside of everything else. Make sure you havea connection. Close it. Run it inside iglaunch. Should embed right (unless you need to change somethin in the .ini).
                        Tried that. I tried closing it on its own exactly the way I want it to reopen inside Road Runner but no go. Only on the one screen, the external GPS screen is fubed.
                        Ampie Case
                        256 MB DDR2 PC5400
                        M2-ATX-HV

2005 Honda Civic

Comment

Forget about iGlaunch, skinbedder.
                          Just run iG with RR. use iGMon if you like. It still have some bugs but the best iG enhancement so far. Also, I suggest you try JIT iG button enhancement.
                          about the nowarning parameter.
                          if you run C:\Path to iGuidance\iGuidance.exe, you will get the warning windows.
                          If you run C:\Path to iGuidance\iGuidance.exe nowarning, you don't get that warning windows.
                          With Roadrunner, you can't not run the command like above, but you have to run it like this C:\Path to iGuidance\iGuidance.exe |nowarning. The pipe (|) is the separator for the application's argument list.
                          2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
                          89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
                          Y2K Accord Dell GX150
                          RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
                          EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

So now I have the big buttons, thanks to MGD and his new iGuidance.exe file. And it loads fine in the NAVI window but still, as you can see above, I hit the 4 arrows and it loads the iGuidance outside Road Runner instead of inside.
                            I'm using the regular iGuidance.exe file to load, not the IGLaunch file, and I haven't ran any IGMON yet. Should I change any of this?
                            Ampie Case
                            256 MB DDR2 PC5400
                            M2-ATX-HV

2005 Honda Civic

Comment

Do you know what that 4 arrow button mean?

Double check the skin for the command of that 4 arrows button.

I bet you that it mean full screen. And the command to run iG full screen is different from the GPS option for roadrunner.
                              2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
                              89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
                              Y2K Accord Dell GX150
                              RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
                              EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Working...
                              X