Rikaline Help Please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rikaline Help Please

So I've successfully used my Rikaline for a few years now but I just recently had to rebuild my CapPC. For some reason I can't get the GPS mouse to work now. I reinstalled XP Pro SP2 and the drivers from the CD and I even tried downloading the latest drivers from the web. When I run the auto detect from iGuidance, it finds it but then doesn't seem to receive any info from it.

Don't know what else to do. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but for some reason it's just not happy. Does anyone else have any history with this particular problem?
    2008 Ford Expedition EL Ltd

Carputer yanked from the Jeep and Denali and waiting to be installed in the Ford.

My guess would be that while you were rebuilding your CarPC the GPS receiver wasn't being used for extended period. Often times when we attempt to use a GPS receiver which was sitting idle for several weeks it may take even 30 minutes or longer for it to finally acquire lock on satellite signal. Once it has a good fix, all should be back to normal again, though ;-)

Comment

okie doke, I'll let it sit for awhile today and see what happens. Thanks.

Carputer yanked from the Jeep and Denali and waiting to be installed in the Ford.

Comment

...and make sure the receiver is outdoor and it has a good view of the sky in all directions when you are doind this.

Comment

Yeah, well, no bueno. I sat in the truck tonight for like an hour (thank God Howard Stern replays his show throughout the weekend) and it still didn't lock. Further more, when I tried to start the GPS via SA2006, it showed "NO GPS". I don't quite know what's going on with it. It worked great one day, then I had to reinstall windows and it hasn't worked since. I don't think that the unit has gone bad, it's definitely setting/driver related. The receiver blinks green but won't stay lit.

Comment

Originally posted by TaylorMade
            The receiver blinks green but won't stay lit.
            In many cases a blinking light indicates good satellite lock ;-) I'm not sure about your particular receiver, though. Others may give better feedback on this.

Comment

Under System Devices does the driver show up? Also try forcing the com port under iGudiance, sometimes the auto function does not do a good job, change the com port in iGudance to some bogus one, let it get the error, then switch to the proper com port, make sure speed is at 4800bps no higher.
              2008 350z GT Installed since April 22nd 2011 - Worklog
              2000 Protege Installed Since April 2, 2005 - Intel D201GLY|Fusion Brain|ODBPros ODBII|Engenius|GPS Rikaline|Powermate|Motorized Lilli
              Sound Stage
              Eclipse|MTX|Infinity

Comment

Marvin, it could very well be getting good signal, but all i know is that it's not getting to the software application.

Yeah, Zip, I tried that too, but I did move it to 9600bps, as I thought that was the recommended setting. I'll try it on the way to work tomorrow.
                What should it show up as in Device Manager? USB2Ser?

Comment

Whelp, I moved the ports around and made sure it was set to 4800bps. I have a 45 minute drive to work and no lock.

Comment

Problem solved:

Turns out that I had to plug it into my USB hub that already had the wireless keyboard/mouse, and wireless adapter plugged into it (non powered). Crazy, I know. I swapped out all four ports on the mobo and none worked until I plugged it into the hub. Sometimes it found the mouse, sometimes it didn't, but it worked immediately when I added it to my USB hub.

Comment

Excellent!
                      2008 350z GT Installed since April 22nd 2011 - Worklog
                      2000 Protege Installed Since April 2, 2005 - Intel D201GLY|Fusion Brain|ODBPros ODBII|Engenius|GPS Rikaline|Powermate|Motorized Lilli
                      Sound Stage
                      Eclipse|MTX|Infinity

Comment

Working...
                      X