GPS Maps for US Virgin Islands

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPS Maps for US Virgin Islands

Does anyone know of a mapping app with coverage of the US Virgin Islands, in particular St. Croix and St. Thomas? Sadly I have to spend a few weeks there working ;o) and would like to take my GPS along.

I was hoping iGuidance 3 might include them but from the web site it would appear it does not, I don't have it yet though so haven't had chance to play.

Chris.

Microsoft MapPoint 2006 covers it (the "Find" feature doesn't work there, but street level coverage is fine).

Comment

Originally posted by Marvin Hlavac
      Microsoft MapPoint 2006 covers it (the "Find" feature doesn't work there, but street level coverage is fine).
      Thanks Marvin, I installed it last night and it looks promising. Is using it "live" any better than previous versions or is it still little more than an icon showing where you are on a map?

Chris.

Comment

MP 06 improved GPS functionality over the previous MP 04. You don't need to take it for a drive to discover some of the new features. Look thru the menu options (start MP, then Ctrl+A) :-)

Comment

Originally posted by ukchris
          Does anyone know of a mapping app with coverage of the US Virgin Islands, in particular St. Croix and St. Thomas? Sadly I have to spend a few weeks there working ;o) and would like to take my GPS along.
          I am the perfect mapping app / GPS solution. I lived on St Thomas for a while, and know where everything is: POI, Restaurants and clubs, (with ratings), directions, shortcuts, babes, plus I don't need batteries.

Take me! Take me!

What kind of work are we doin anyway?
          Working on - 2006 Cadillac Escalade with all the TOYS!

COMPLETE! - 2002 Cadillac DTS - Summer 2008 - SOLD SUMMER 2010

COMPLETE! - 1998 Cadillac Deville Concours - Summer 2007 - SOLD SUMMER 2008

Comment

I leave in two weeks, isn't that hurricane season? Could get interesting...!

Software consulting work btw.

Comment

My wife and I got married on St. Thomas on January 4, 1990

Comment

Working...
              X