No announcement yet.

iGuidance Show No Warning (re-visited)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iGuidance Show No Warning (re-visited)

People use various methods to automate the process of agreeing to the iGuidance Warning at start up.

Last week I was "forced" to finally start learning AutoIt. Because there are many AutoIt fans here I'd like to share a single line of script I did today which seems to be able to accomplish this task quite neatly.

Here is the description: >>click here<<

If this method has been discussed here previously I do apologize. But if it hasn't been tried I'd like feedback from AutoIt gurus here if this is an okay way to do it, or if there is something wrong with it. It does seem to work nicely.

I found out that in iGuidance 3.0, you can simply add 'nowarning' to the end of the command in whatever shortcut you're using to spawn it.

In a windows shortcut, add 'nowarning' after the quotes for the program.

In your front-end, add 'nowarning' at the end of the command line, or if there's a parameters field, in there.

Voila, no more 'nag' screen at startup!

Comment

Yes, Jahntassa, what you are doing works for you because someone took care of it in the front end you are using. I've never used a front end, I just run my iGuidance as is. But perhaps one of these days I'll experiment with front ends, too.

I've read of various ways to deal with the Warning pop-up. Some include sending keystrokes and/or mouse clicks, and I some apparently require even iGuidance.exe to be modified by a resource editor. So I thought I would share a method that may potentially be useful if someone wishes to integrate it into his AutoIt script.

Comment

I've never used a front end, I just run my iGuidance as is.
        Just edit your Windows shortcut and add nowarning at the end. My "Target" looks like this.
        Code:
        "C:\Program Files\iNav\iGuidance\iGuidance.exe" nowarning
        iGMon - Integration between iGuidance and Road Runner
        CFX - Skin for Road Runner

Comment

Hmm, I just copied the C:\Program Files\iNav\iGuidance\iGuidance.exe" nowarning and pasted it to the "Target" area of the Shortcut. But when I click on "Apply" I get a warning: The name 'C:\Program' specified in the Target box is not valid. Make sure the path and file name are correct.

Does that not require me to modify my iGuidance.exe or do I not need to use a front end for it to work?

Comment

The only item you change is the "target Area. Been using this method ever since 2.1

This is what it should look like:
            Attached Files
            Remember AllAdvantage From 7 years ago? IT IS BACK! Now under a new name Agloco
            GET PAID TO SURF THE INTERNET

Comment

Mine looks exactly like Rundell's. Marvin, you probably missed a double quote at the beginning. You don't need to modify the EXE.
              iGMon - Integration between iGuidance and Road Runner
              CFX - Skin for Road Runner

Comment

Originally posted by b8bboi
                Marvin, you probably missed a double quote at the beginning.
                Current projects: iGmod reloaded (Latest release) (put on hiatus indefinatly)

Unlimited Internet and gps tracking for $6 a month with boost mobile!

Carputer 2: www.lmaocar.com

Comment

Wow, I must have done something wrong the first time! It indeed works. I was for some reason under the impression that this procedure required a particular front end or some other modification. Silly of me! Thanks much!

Comment

Nope, you just edit the existing windows shortcut with 'nowarning' and it works!

Comment

Yes, it does I'm also now playing with a PocketPC PDA, attempting to do the same, but I have no clue how to edit the properties of shortcuts there.

Comment

jackleung, a member of gpspassion.com, described how he managed to automate the agreeing to the warning on his PPC PDA. He requested that the info be shared with mp3car community (in case some people here use iGuidance on their PDA's, too). Here is the link to his posting:

Comment

Working...
                        X