Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please ensure the GPS receiver is plugged in.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please ensure the GPS receiver is plugged in.

Has anyone been able to stop this message from appearing after returning from hibernation? Unlike other people's problems, my USB devices work fine when returning from hibernation, I don't have to do anything and the GPS just works again. But I get this message in the middle of the GPS window in a little popup box telling me to ensure my receiver's connected. I just click OK and everything's fine again but it's annoying every time I get in the car. Any suggestions?
    Ampie Case
    2.5" Hard Drive 80GB Samsung 5400RPM
    256 MB DDR2 PC5400
    Xenarc 700TSV - VGA Monitor
    Intel D945GCLF Motherboard
    M2-ATX-HV

2005 Honda Civic

Try out the search. This has been asked many times before.
    AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
    Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
    Installed.

-GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
    -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

Comment

I did search. It didn't come up on the first page.
      Ampie Case
      256 MB DDR2 PC5400
      M2-ATX-HV

2005 Honda Civic

Comment

Originally posted by Maheriano
        Then look at the second page!

If it's not on the second page, look at the third... And so on.

Seriously, man...
        If you expect everything you look for to magically appear before your eyes, above the fold where you can clearly see it, you need to give up now, sell your hardware and move the **** on.
        Researching information doesn't happen with just the first page you find, man.
        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

I read somewhere that 90% of people who search using Google will not look past the first page of results, and will either try a different phrase or give up all together. Then only like 5% of that 10% every get past the second page.

I must admit, if it is not on the first page of google, then I try a different phrase. Unless I am desperate, then maybe 4 or 5 pages deep.
          Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
          1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
          30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
          15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
          Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Originally posted by Maheriano
            I'm really way to tired tonight to search for you but there was a massive thread somewhere about this problem along with the many times it was asked. One of the several ways of fixing it is to use some of the software here in the forum. I think iGMon or one of the other iguidance mod apps will fix that problem.
            Off to bed for me..........
            AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
            Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
            Installed.

-GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
            -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

Comment

If it's not on the first page, the search function is not working the way it should. It's turning up results not even close to my query, therefore, I'm to assume either there are no relevent matches or it doesn't work properly.
              Ampie Case
              256 MB DDR2 PC5400
              M2-ATX-HV

2005 Honda Civic

Comment

what term did you use??

I HIGHLY doubt that the serach function isn't working properly.

Rather it's a 1D10T error
                Jan Bennett
                FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Doubtful

I doubt it too... BUT the search on this forum is crappy if I do say so. If you search using a persons screen name, it will show every thread that person posted to. Sounds good right? But when the thread is 14 pages long, and you have to start at page 1, 2, 3, 4 and so on it's a pain in the *** to find a post by that person.

I am used to invision board, and when you search on a name, it shows the posts by that person.

The same is true for keywords. When you search for say "ig3,0 hack" it will show every damn thread that has that term in it, and it may just be a reference on the 15th page in the thread!

Most of the searches I do in the main RR headind, turn up tp look just like the first page of the forum!

I am certainly no newbe to searching by any means, this boards software just makes it all the more difficult to find something!
                  Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by JohnWPB
                    I doubt it too... BUT the search on this forum is crappy if I do say so. If you search using a persons screen name, it will show every thread that person posted to. Sounds good right? But when the thread is 14 pages long, and you have to start at page 1, 2, 3, 4 and so on it's a pain in the *** to find a post by that person.

I am used to invision board, and when you search on a name, it shows the posts by that person.

The same is true for keywords. When you search for say "ig3,0 hack" it will show every damn thread that has that term in it, and it may just be a reference on the 15th page in the thread!

Most of the searches I do in the main RR headind, turn up tp look just like the first page of the forum!

I am certainly no newbe to searching by any means, this boards software just makes it all the more difficult to find something!

While that is mostly true, you DO realize that you can search WITH IN a thread for the term you are searching for. And, if you are looking for a post by an author regarding a certain topic, you can search for BOTH terms in the advanced search screen.

And for Maheriano, he has proven time and time again that he lacks the ability or will to search, and then even when fed the information, refuses, is unwilling, or unable to listen.

There really is no point in trying to help, it just won't work. I find it humerous how he blames the boards for his inability to find the information, or that the search function is flawed because it is not on the first page for him. Never once did he think he has the wrong search terms, or that the search results are arranged by date of last post, and not based on most relevant.

Both of you need to realize that the reason why there are 100's of threads returned is because NOOBS continue to ask the same damn questions over and over and over again, and their worthless threads continue to show up and clog the boards and the search function. There is NO WAY for the board software to determine what thread is the most relevant. YOU HAVE TO DO THAT BY READING THE THREADS. Now, if people would just search for the answer, and take the time to read through them BEFORE posting over and over, the board would return fewer results next time.

Michael
                    ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

Yes the forums doesn't have the best search function, but you can use google to search the forums as well.
                      Installed
                      Asus A7N8X-VM - AMD Mobile Athlon 2400
                      512 Ram - 60GB HD - Opus 150w
                      Lilliput 7" - Rikaline 6010
                      [00000000000001100010-] 98% Completed

Check Out My Install!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wiredwrx
                        While that is mostly true, you DO realize that you can search WITH IN a thread for the term you are searching for. And, if you are looking for a post by an author regarding a certain topic, you can search for BOTH terms in the advanced search screen.

And for Maheriano, he has proven time and time again that he lacks the ability or will to search, and then even when fed the information, refuses, is unwilling, or unable to listen.

There really is no point in trying to help, it just won't work. I find it humerous how he blames the boards for his inability to find the information, or that the search function is flawed because it is not on the first page for him. Never once did he think he has the wrong search terms, or that the search results are arranged by date of last post, and not based on most relevant.

Both of you need to realize that the reason why there are 100's of threads returned is because NOOBS continue to ask the same damn questions over and over and over again, and their worthless threads continue to show up and clog the boards and the search function. There is NO WAY for the board software to determine what thread is the most relevant. YOU HAVE TO DO THAT BY READING THE THREADS. Now, if people would just search for the answer, and take the time to read through them BEFORE posting over and over, the board would return fewer results next time.

Michael
                        Jan Bennett
                        FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Working...
                        X