Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iGuidanceUMPC running at 800x480

SCROLL DOWN FOR SCREEN SHOTS! Please help

Has anyone else tried this yet? I just got iGuidance v3 and installed the UMPC version and when viewing it on my 7" Xenarc with 800x480 everything is WAYYYYYYYYYY too big. Why would a "CarPC" version of a GPS program not look right on the "Holy Grail" of resolutions?? Has anyone figured out what the heck to do to make this not look so retarded.

P.S. programs like skinbedder are no help, cause i've tried that too.

screen shot should be nice

the point of the umpc/carpc version is to be BIG. so it might just be how it should

i run it at 800x600 (squashed to fit on the 7" wide xenarc) and it looks perfect!
    1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 in Evergreen Pearl Metallic, Lifted, Locked, and Armored. CarPc in custom console with molded touchscreen.
    Pictures
    Photobucket is being updated, if a picture i posted no longer works, please PM me.

Comment

elemenopee has it right... UMPC version has buttons that are way big.. Same thing for the Font size. ugh!
      2002 Honda CR-V
      Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
      Spent so far: $1105.90

Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
      ...or even Listen to my music

Comment

Yes, as said, the UMPC version is designed with giant buttons and everything else, try running the normal 'Laptop' version and see if that's more acceptable.

Comment

yeah i could post a screen shot later, but when i say it's "too big" and you respond with "it's supposed to be big"... you'll see what i mean in the screen shot. it's so huge that the buttons overlap and you can barely see the map. it's just... giant. and when you click on "Menu" just forget it. the Menu is SO BIG that it doesn't even fit onto the screen.

i ran the laptop version... it's now too small. heh. i've tried so hard to figure out all the iGmod, SKINBedder, etc etc and it looks like v2.1.3 is where it's at. I might just install and go back to 2.1.3, either that or give up my 800x480 resolution and use 800x600... but i really don't wanna do that.

Comment

did you have ig2.x? make sure your theme.ini (i belive thats correct) is for ig3 and not 2.
            1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 in Evergreen Pearl Metallic, Lifted, Locked, and Armored. CarPc in custom console with molded touchscreen.
            Pictures
            Photobucket is being updated, if a picture i posted no longer works, please PM me.

Comment

well i wasn't happy with the regular laptop version... so i put the UMPC version back on, all huge and what not.

I got all the PSD's for the 800x480 CFX Blue skin for RR and I spent about 3-4 hours configuring it to my liking and turning ALLLLLL of the skins into 800x600. I know there is already a CFX 800x600 Blue skin available, but the PSD's aren't... so in order to personalize the skin to my liking i basically had to spend forever turning the 800x480 psd's into 800x600 psd's.

Long story short... the UMPC version looks GREAT on 800x600. I guess you just can't get a reasonable enough looking setup with only 480 lines from top to bottom.

Moral of the story: UMPC + 800x480 = No dice.

Comment

elemenopee: Im hacking it, and even at 800x480 it is looking great.

My only grip is in fact with the vecotr (map) data in the UMPC version. It is all scaled up by about 80%. Awful.
                2002 Honda CR-V
                Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
                Spent so far: $1105.90

Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
                ...or even Listen to my music

Comment

Alright it looked good for ONE time and every single other run after that.... far far far from looking how it is supposed to look. I know this can't be right. Check out the screen shots I included. Anyone have any ideas on making this look right?!?!? By the way, these were all taken while running at 800x600.
                  Attached Files

Comment

No one has seem this before?? I need help.

Comment

why dont you start by giving details of your modifications? Or reinstall and start from scratch...
                      CarPC #3: 99% Complete
                      Pentium M 1.7Ghz, 1GB DDR2 RAM
                      DVD/CD-RW installed in dash below monitor
                      OEM LCD relocated for 7" Touchscreen
                      Wi-Fi, GPS, PS2 controllers...
                      500+ full albums
                      4,000+ video games
                      music videos, movies, & more!
                      old carPC

Comment

This is what I have done.

I installed IG v2.1.3 about 4 months ago when I first installed my CarPC. I've used that, embedded into RoadRunner, ever since then. I did not use ANY of the "embedders" like iGMon, Skinbedder, iGLaunch, etc. I didn't care to. Recently I got IG v3.0 and decided to read up on it before actually installing it, so I did. While doing this, I was consequentially reading a lot about iGMon. The features it offered really intrigued me and I wanted to test them out on v2.1.3 before putting v3.0 on. I ran iGMon and went through the "setup process" and it actually worked pretty neat. Volume lowering, auto screen switching, etc. Then I figured I would just put 3.0 on because I figured it was 3.0 for a reason, and probably better. I read somewhere on these boards that the recommended thing to do was completely uninstall IG v2.1.3 AND delete the directories inside windows explorer, so I did that. I then installed IG v3.0 (with 800x480 running on my Xenarc 7") and the FIRST run the buttons appeared as the screen shots above show. Regardless if I ran it within RR or standalone outside of RR.

I have tried EVERYTHING under the sun to get this looking properly. I uninstalled, deleted directories, reinstalled, repaired installations. I even uninstalled, installed IG 2.1.3 again, uninstalled that, deleted directies and ran searches through the registry and deleted (almost) everything that was related to "iguidance" and "inav". Keep in mind that that is not my problem, as this was all happening before I deleted things out of the registry. I have even tried running the newly installed 3.0 with SKINBedder and iGmon, no luck.

I put RR and IG v3.0 on my laptop, with SkinBedder v3, and the buttons look EXACTLY as they should. I'm COMPLLEEEETTEEELLLYYY at a loss for more ideas. Honestly the only thing I can even think of now is a complete system wipe.

This post feels pretty long, but hopefully some of you will read it, and maybe come up with something I can try. Or maybe you'll notice something I may have done wrong, and I can try to undo it. Thanks for your time guys. I have faith in these boards! They've always been amazing to me.

By the way, ITL, I like the skin you made

Comment

Since it works on my laptop, I tried just copying the c:\program files\inav\iguidance directory straight onto my carpc (sounds dumb but what's left to try?)... anyways that didn't work.

I made a TONNNNN of updated to my carPC in the last 3 days and REALLY didn't want to have to do use a restore point from a few days ago. i have finally resorted to this. i'm working on getting it back to "normal" as far as RR settings and the skin i was using. uninstalled all instances of iguidance on the restore point, and installing 3.0 as i type this... please work

Comment

lol what the HELL. after ALL THIS WORK, the system restore point has done NOTHING for me. it still shows up just like the screen shots i posted show. honestly, what the ****.

3rd post in a row, sorry if that's evil.

Comment

Since it works on my laptop, I tried just copying the c:\program files\inav\iguidance\ directory straight onto my carpc (sounds dumb but what's left to try?)... anyways that didn't work.
                              you need to copy the c:\program files\inav directory into that same place on the new drive. Then you also need the maps. Copy everything in C:\iNav iGuidance\ into the same directory on the new drive and everything will work perfect. I always just copy files over and never install after the first time (loading maps takes too long).

Hope that helps

Comment

Working...
                              X