Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Troubleshooting BU353??!!?

Hey,

I baught the BU353 a few months ago for my car pc setup, and used it for a few days, then moved away to school.....
    It worked perfect at home, but now that I am at school, and cant get the darn thing to work. I tried installing and uninstalling the drivers, and nothing. I cant locate anything on toubleshooting the thing.(googled and search on the forums)

do you guys have any suggestions on how I can go about testing it and fixing it?
    is it the area I am in? (i am in WV by the way)
    Is it the software?
    Is it broke?

I tried this program to see if it can pick up some satillites, it says it detected the GPS, and 12 sats. but no information is being sent.
    I tried running it in Iguidance, and Streets and Trips, and its not picking up anything either....

Any changes to the car? Did you get window tint recently?

Any changes to the location of the bu-353?

Have a laptop? Take the 353 out of the car and test?

Comment

nah, thats the weird thing, I havent done anything to the car. No tint, and its in the same place. I tried different locations in the car, but still nothin.

I took it out, and hooked it up to my laptop, and walked around, and still nothin....

has anyone else had this problem?
      Anyone else in WV having trouble getting a signal?

Comment

I'm not a GPS expert, but I don't think its possible to just be in a geographical "dead" spot.

I suppose its possible that you have some strong interference source around you. Have you taken the test away from your location?

Comment

I used the same receiver when i drove out to fairmont, WV from Philly. I honestly think it's a bad GPS receiver

Comment

I fixed it! I finally figured out what hte problem was. It was the fact that I pluged it into a USB Hub. I took out the usb hub, and pluged it directy into the computer, and it works fine now. (I am out a few USB ports, but still, it works)

thanks for all of your help...
            Hopefully this Thread will help someone else out one day....

Comment

Working...
            X