No announcement yet.

Best GPS software for RR

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best GPS software for RR

I've read through the GPS sticky but it does not provide any information about which is the best software to use with Road runner front end. Can you guys tell me ??

On general note, which software provides turn by turn text to speech ? (turn left on West Gate road......NOT.... turn left in 1 mile)
    04 Accord Coupe Carputer

well, i should tell you to search, and you should, but im not going to, because you wont.

anyway, igudiance, which i love, does not say "gate street" just turn left in 100 feet, etc. none of them do afaik.

reason being that I cant even pronounce some of those names, and a computer is certainly not going to be able to do it. youll notice in RR, when you have the voice enabled, and click on GPS, it says Gee Pees, not Gee Pee Ess

so none of the current solutions that im aware of do it.
    1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 in Evergreen Pearl Metallic, Lifted, Locked, and Armored. CarPc in custom console with molded touchscreen.
    Photobucket is being updated, if a picture i posted no longer works, please PM me.

mappoint 2006 does the turn by turn on street thing. Freedrive and that just give you the turn and a distance. As for the best there is a current thread all about that so look it up.

Edit.... I should add I don't know if mappoint does it in RR but it does on its own.
      Visit my site V8 Scimitar

SP13000, 300GB SATA HD, 1GB DDR. Opus 150, K301 screen, Cisco WIFI, AQmax GPS, RoadRunner and FreeDrive, Sony MEX-R5 head unit. 4 years installed and it just keeps running!

thanks for the reply
        04 Accord Coupe Carputer