Two GPS receivers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two GPS receivers

I was looking for a while but I didn't see anything of the sort. But I was wondering, is it possible to use two GPS receivers with out interferring with one another? Because I have the big bulky garmin yellow thing at the moment and I hate it, I want to upgrade, but I know I can't use that with NetStumbler (which I have running all the time) and GPS software at the same time, there is a conflict.

So that is my question there, if I can use two and be safe.

You can but you don't have to. You can use software like Xport and others to split the signal into other virtual virtual ports. Doing this means you can use multiple GPS apps with one reciver.
    Visit my site V8 Scimitar

SP13000, 300GB SATA HD, 1GB DDR. Opus 150, K301 screen, Cisco WIFI, AQmax GPS, RoadRunner and FreeDrive, Sony MEX-R5 head unit. 4 years installed and it just keeps running!

Comment

Oh, that's cool, is there any loss?

Comment

I don't use Xport, but a similar product called GPSGate.
        I experience no loss whatsoever.

There's not going to be any loss since GPS receivers only communicate at 4800bps.
        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

there isn't any loss whatever software you use.
          Visit my site V8 Scimitar

SP13000, 300GB SATA HD, 1GB DDR. Opus 150, K301 screen, Cisco WIFI, AQmax GPS, RoadRunner and FreeDrive, Sony MEX-R5 head unit. 4 years installed and it just keeps running!

Comment

this is good info, i had the same question, thanks!
            MobileThree: in car - Zotac Atom/ION - linuxICE 2.0.2
            --worklog--

Comment

Working...
            X