Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will MS Streets & Trips 2007 be more CarPC friendly?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will MS Streets & Trips 2007 be more CarPC friendly?

The latest version of iGuidance 3.0 by iNav Corporation was a good attempt to make the product more suitable for UMPC's and CarPC's. Will the upcoming Streets & Trips 2007 by Microsoft try to be small-screen friendly?

The upcoming Microsoft Streets & Trips 2007 is reviewed here

(S&T 07 will be in stores Oct 12)

Comment

about freaking time.

can you set it to always launch in fullscreen gps mode? Or do you have to jump through dialogs each time first?
      would be a nice add on for POI searches.

while i likely still wont try to use this as a navigation app, its nice that they are at least giving up users a nod and confirming our existence, lol.
      But for 35bucks you really cant complain too much. If anything i would say they should bump the price up to 100 bucks so they can dedicate more than the hand full of people working on the app to add more features.

nice review though
      thanks.
      01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
      01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
      http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
      mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

Yes, I feel the same way: S&T will still not be my choice application for navigation, it cannot compete with the ease of use of iGuidance, but S&T 07 does have a lot to offer, and it has been nice to watch it to improve over the last three version years! I agree with you that Microsoft should throw more money at this product. There is just so much that can be expected to receive for $35. Nothing would make me happier that to see the price of the product being increased to $100.

On the menu bar > Tools > Options > GPS/Navigation there is a user selectable item "Show full screen navigation with driving guidance". That should help to automate the switching to full screen mode. I will still have to play with it a bit more, though, to see what is possible.

Comment

It would also be nice for microsoft to rationalise their efforts with S&T's and mappoint and the european autoroute. They must have 3 offices working on similar products....

Comment

If they make it a little more user friendly (navigation oriented rather than planning), it will be the BEST package.
            2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
            89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
            Y2K Accord Dell GX150
            RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
            EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

They are making some head way with 2006 though, they have a driving directions pane now that shows your current street that you need to turn on too and a bar graph that shows how much is left to go on the current street. A nice feature. I am using it right now be cause of the mapping is good for where I live and can't afford Iguidence

Comment

Little by little Microsoft it getting there. The new full-screen navigation mode is a step in the right direction.

Full Screen Navigation toolbar explained: The toolbar will autohide after about 3 seconds. A tap on the touch screen of your TabletPC, UMPC or CarPC will bring the bar back on the screen so you can access its buttons. Users may disable or enable the automatic hiding of this new tool bar.

Comment

Streets & Trips 2007 - Today??

Originally posted by Marvin Hlavac View Post

(S&T 07 will be in stores Oct 12)
                  So where is it?? I have heard next to no excitement about this improved release...
                  GoogleMapsGuidance Beta1 is out!

Comment

Yes, it's out. In the US it started to sell this morning. Some people already reported buying it. In Canada it should come to stores likely on or after October 17th.

Comment

I bought it from provantage for $95 with with the new gps receiver
                      Car PC Status {------- }0%

Car Died along with Autonode Monitor after returned to me. Worked for 3 Months then died again. The car engined died not long after!

Upgraded to 2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe
                      Exploring options of a double din unit style Car PC.

Comment

Hmmmmmmmmm let see it local Costco store has it. Normally, it's 14.99 + tax out the door.
                        2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
                        89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
                        Y2K Accord Dell GX150
                        RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
                        EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

There is a new blog (all about Streets & Trips) at
                          I see there now a little bit of insider info, some screenshots, some more info about the new 2007 version and new Bluetooth accessory, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by MatrixPC View Post
                            If they make it a little more user friendly (navigation oriented rather than planning), it will be the BEST package.
                            heck no!

I need that planning functionality in there.

For what I use navigation for not only in the car but also when planning a trip on the bike I need that functionality. A lot of people need that functionality outside of the CarPC world!
                            Jan Bennett
                            FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

After 2 days its starting to grow on me...but the interface is mostly not good on a small screen though the fullscreen feature is wonderful u still have to play with the little buttons b4 the getting the route planned out but overall it works as stated. Still getting used to the features and what each button in the toolbar does. Some of the window options in the route planner is hidden below the screen even with the program maximized :-(

Keep you guys posted...!
                              Car PC Status {------- }0%

Car Died along with Autonode Monitor after returned to me. Worked for 3 Months then died again. The car engined died not long after!

Upgraded to 2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe
                              Exploring options of a double din unit style Car PC.

Comment

Working...
                              X