Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iGuidance: European maps on USA V3 version

HI all !

It's possible to use the European maps (v.2.1.3) in the version USA V3 ?

Because my European version of iGuidance don't have the UMPC version
    Carputer: Notebook asus L3800.
    Display: Lilliput touchscreen Xga 7''
    Speaker: Woofer 2X Peavey BLACK WIDOW 18'' (rear), 4X Vifa M17 (porter), 4X tweeter TEC TW (mounting and dashboard).
    Power amp: 2X Alphasonik PMA800DA, 3X PMA2150A

Yes, you can if you want to.
    WARNING: Do it at your own risk, do not blame me, or anyone else if you screw up iGuidance.
    What you need? iGuidance software, ofcourse. HexEditor (I use XVI23)

- Copy iG V2.x map folder to iG V3 installation folder (C:\Program Files\iNav\iGuidance\Maps). Make sure you make a backup copy of the maps folder for both version.
    - Run iGuidance.exe or iGuidanceUMPC.exe and it will throw an error on you. Notice of an error. Wrong File Version Data file: linkinfo.bin: LI0X!=LI07. Basically it said that you can use previous map version in iG V3.
    - Write down LI0X where 0X is the linkinfo file of your iG 2.X. iG V3 linkinfo is 07. Click okay to close the error (iGuidance exit).
    - Open linkinfo.bin file in your Hex Editor and search (Text) for LI0X. It's the first 4 characters of the file. On the TEXT side not HEX.
    - Change LI0X to LI07.
    - Save linkinfo.bin and close the file.

- Run iGuidance.exe or iGuidanceUMPC.exe and it will throw another error on you. Notice of an error. Wrong File Version Data file: name.bin: NM0X!=NM02.
    - Write down NM0X. Click okay to close the error (iGuidance will run BTW).
    - Open name.bin file in your Hex Editor and search (Text) for NM0X. It's the first 4 characters of the file. On the TEXT side not HEX.
    - Change NM0X to NM02.
    - Save name.bin and close the file and close your hex editor.

Now Run iG and enjoy.
    Problem: Street name does NOT show on the map. It displays some weird thing. It could also be the setting problem or theme.ini problem. I dont' know, you guys find out more.
    2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
    89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
    Y2K Accord Dell GX150
    RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
    EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

many many thanks, but…

Originally posted by MatrixPC View Post
      WARNING: Do it at your own risk, do not blame me, or anyone else if you screw up iGuidance.

- Copy iG V2.x map folder to iG V3 installation folder (C:\Program Files\iNav\iGuidance\Maps). Make sure you make a backup copy of the maps folder for both version.
      - Run iGuidance.exe or iGuidanceUMPC.exe and it will throw an error on you. Notice of an error. Wrong File Version Data file: linkinfo.bin: LI0X!=LI07. Basically it said that you can use previous map version in iG V3.
      - Write down LI0X where 0X is the linkinfo file of your iG 2.X. iG V3 linkinfo is 07. Click okay to close the error (iGuidance exit).
      - Open linkinfo.bin file in your Hex Editor and search (Text) for LI0X. It's the first 4 characters of the file. On the TEXT side not HEX.
      - Change LI0X to LI07.
      Ok, perfect...

- Run iGuidance.exe or iGuidanceUMPC.exe and it will throw another error on you. Notice of an error. Wrong File Version Data file: name.bin: NM0X!=NM02.
      - Open name.bin file in your Hex Editor and search (Text) for NM0X. It's the first 4 characters of the file. On the TEXT side not HEX.
      - Change NM0X to NM02.
      Uhmmm, i have two problem:

- if I run iguidanceUMPC.exe don't run and don't throw the secon error;
      - I don't have the file name.bin.

Carputer: Notebook asus L3800.
      Display: Lilliput touchscreen Xga 7''
      Speaker: Woofer 2X Peavey BLACK WIDOW 18'' (rear), 4X Vifa M17 (porter), 4X tweeter TEC TW (mounting and dashboard).
      Power amp: 2X Alphasonik PMA800DA, 3X PMA2150A

Comment

io ho la versione 2.1.2...!!
        Forse loro hanno la release 2.1.3...
        Ho provato ma non la trovo questa versione...(o le sue mappe)
        Voi con quale mappe avete provato?

Comment

iGuidance: European maps on USA V4 version

I ran the IG 2.1.2 version with european maps and have no problems at all.
          Viewing the screens of the version 4 I must say that the old interface that I have on v2 really sucks!!

I easily find the version 4 of the main program with no maps on the net but I'm not sure I can use the maps that I already have (licensed!).
          So my question: is there some way to load old version maps (as the v2 that I have) on the version 4 of IG?
          My new dash setup with 8.4" LCD!
          Secondary (roof) LCD display
          False floor with mobo, amp and all the electronics
          Power supply and HDD Suspension system detail

Comment

iguidance hexedit default zoom

Originally posted by MatrixPC View Post

- Change LI0X to LI07.

- Change NM0X to NM02.

Now Run iG and enjoy.
            Problem: Street name does NOT show on the map. It displays some weird thing. It could also be the setting problem or theme.ini problem. I dont' know, you guys find out more.

Since you are knowledgeable about hex editing iguidance, do you know how to change the default zoom level?

Comment

Working...
            X