Strange GPS problem when booting directly to front end

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange GPS problem when booting directly to front end

With the help of this guide I was able to boot directly into Road Runner. Everything seemed to be working fine till I opened GPS and found out that for some reason GPS is not locking to any settelites. So I imported the orignal registry (with Explorer as shell) file and restarted the computer and everything started working again.

What could be the connection between GPS unit and explorer ? that it does not work when window boots directly to frontend ?

Any idea ?
    04 Accord Coupe Carputer

If the GPS is USB, it may be that the serial-USB drivers aren't loading without Explorer as the shell.
    Just an idea.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert View Post
      If the GPS is USB, it may be that the serial-USB drivers aren't loading without Explorer as the shell.
      Just an idea.
      Hmmm, maybe but I highly doubt that Explorer have any connection with drivers.

How are you using your front end ? Did you set it up as shell ?
      04 Accord Coupe Carputer

Comment

No, I don't have it setup as a shell. SD merely loads as an app.
        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

found out the problem.

When booting with RR as shell, Xport does not load and because of that IGuidance does not work in RR. So to overcome this, I use Explorer (from Blue Devil Skin) and manually run Xport and that take cares of the problem.

Is there any other way to load Xport, when using RR as shell ? I've tried putting it in "Startup" but it does not work that way.
          04 Accord Coupe Carputer

Comment

Working...
          X