Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loosing GPS after hybernation?

I have cured mine...

...by forcing the USB power to be left on to the GPS mouse.

Do this by opening Device Manager (in XP) and select view devices by connection, then look through the list till you find your GPS device, then open the properties for the USB Hub controller that it is connected to, you will now see a Power Management tab, click this and uncheck the box to allow computer to power down this device.

keeping USB power on to GPS will not use much power, and it seems to solve the problem, this may also work with other devices, but I wouldn't set everything to do this as it may allow the car battery to get cained.

DONE
    My Nissan 200SX @ Silverstone
    NOW SADLY WRITTEN OFF!

My Car's spec list + pics

Stealth CarPC fab'ing...

Good to know. I was doing some initial in-car testing today and noticed that when I shut the computer down, I always had to tell iGuidance where to look for my GPS mouse.

Comment

bugger, it didn't work overnight... the m2 must be cutting power in middle of night due to cold affecting battery output.
      NOW SADLY WRITTEN OFF!

Stealth CarPC fab'ing...

Comment

On top of this, I also added commands to close/reopen IGv3.0 during hibernate/resume in RR.

I was having com port issues during hibernate/resume with IG finding the GPS mouse.
        Pico-ITX / XP Home with EWF-HORM / RR v12/02/2009 / Winamp v5.13 / RRMedia v1.2.2

Comment

Hmm. I have the same Holix and I have no such issues. But I am running on an M10000, so that might affect it.

Comment

I had no issues before accidentally hitting the wrong menu option in SirfDemo whilst trying to set Sirf Mode up, and now it will only stay in a useable state if I set the M2 to never hardoff...

But now the ****ing thing doesn't cut the PC off for low voltage when according to the instructions it should do

3 times now I've had to bump start it in the morning

Oh and its done something to the Holux as I can no longer change back to NMEA
            NOW SADLY WRITTEN OFF!

Stealth CarPC fab'ing...

Comment

Working...
            X