GPS Recommendations..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPS Recommendations..

I'm just getting started getting the parts together for the carputer for my Jeep (jeeputer?) So far all I've got is the touchscreen, I'm going to use a 15" Elotouch 1545L that I got off ebay.

I've been searching the forums and the net and can't seem to find much info on GPS. I'm in Canada, so I think I'm going to have to settle for a receiver that works with MS Streets & Trips, most of the GPS software I see is pretty much US only. I've read that some GPS receivers only work with the bundled GPS map software and not MS Streets, am I wrong on this? Any GPS recommendation would be great..

Thanks

I just purschased a GPS35PC made by garmin a couple of nights ago. I'm waiting for it to come in the mail. So far what I have read predicts good things but I have also heard word about a GPS16 made by garmin. Take a look at them as they both work as basic NMEA receivers and will work with MS streets and Trips.

BEN

Comment

Thanks, I looked at both of them on Garmins site, the GPS35PC looks like what I'm looking for. I checked Garmins site previously, but was only looking under the consumer section and not oem and didn't see those ones.

Thanks

Comment

Karnth,

I also live in Canada and for the longest time, I wanted a GPS to compliment my mp3car system but ran into the same problem. If you do get the gps35pc, let us know how it go. Eh.

Comment

Working...
        X