Any GPS loggers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any GPS loggers?

I'm working on a custom mapping/routing program that works similar to streets & trips, mapquest, etc, but uses real traffic information to give accurate routes and times. One of the key pieces of information is how people are driving and the speeds they drive on roads. I currently log all my trips to a text file, storing the time and lat/long.

Is anyone else doing this, and are you willing to give up your data files? Doesn't matter what format it is in, as long as it has lat & long and time. I REALLY need data from the DC metro area, specifically Fairfax & Arlington Counties, Virginia. That way i can tie my data in w/ yours. If you live in this area and use GPS, and are willing to... please log your trips!

Thanks!
    Progress - VIA EPIA SP8000 | 120 Opus Power Supply & Case | 1GB Ram | 120GB 2.5" Hard Drive | Bluetooth 2.0 | GPRS/3G | Wifi | Road Runner/LSX 2.0 (waiting for a day skin for 3.0) | iGuidance 4.0 | Lilliput 7"

Have you tried obtaining the Engineering and Traffic Survey for those areas?
    Maybe you'd have better luck getting the data that way...
    For Sale: Carputer (CarPC) & RCA Y-Adapter
    Newsflash: Take a look at my unsold stuff above, thanks!
    Up Next: Make an OBD to Serial cable & Redo the "MMI buttons"

Comment

Belgium

Have some from belgium over here if this helps you ...

Comment

appreciate the offer, but i'm using the map data provided by the US Census, so i can't use it. thanks!
        Progress - VIA EPIA SP8000 | 120 Opus Power Supply & Case | 1GB Ram | 120GB 2.5" Hard Drive | Bluetooth 2.0 | GPRS/3G | Wifi | Road Runner/LSX 2.0 (waiting for a day skin for 3.0) | iGuidance 4.0 | Lilliput 7"

Comment

Working...
        X