Friendfinder software?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friendfinder software?

And then I'm not talking about som matchmaking thing...

A friend of mine just said the other day...
    -it would have been nice if u someway could have sent your coords to my gps soft so that I just could accept something like "Do you want to go to (insert friends name)?" and then it makes a route there!

Anyone know if there's any kind of software that does this already?
    Swedish site for CarPC's
    http://www.bilpc.info

save your friends addresses as POI's... and then just route to it
    Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

Comment

That will work as long as your friend isn't on the move....
      Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
      How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

I have found that doing this is quite useful to make sure they stay where you leave em:

Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

Comment

Maybe using one of those Boost/Nextel/Helio type things that have GPS tracking of phones....?

Rafster
          Post # 3000

Comment

I'd rather have swine-finder software, they have gps right? Seriously, friendfinder would be fun for races, it would be just like GT games, with the little map showing you how far behind me you are.
            It's been a while...

Comment

it would def be cool to see a live map, or a notice that one of your friends is x feet/miles/etc currently from your location.
              95 Mazda Protege LX
              Worklog
              Overall [Project Dead] 0%

2003 Nissan Altima
              [XXXXXXXX--] 80% Planning
              [XX--------] 20% FABRICATION/INSTALLATION

Worklog

Comment

"Tomtom 6 Buddies" let you do all that >>>

http://www.engadget.com/2006/03/09/t...s-on-the-road/

I have it on my phone but never tried it yet.

Someone just need to write a small apps/plugin in so it can work off a standard GPS software for PC.

Comment

WhereIsMyGPS could have been used for this.. but that project is currently on hold

Comment

shouldnt be too hard.. just need to have a small webserver up where you need to login, and while you send it your location, it will send you the location of your buddies..

not sure about hwo iguidance/etc works , but perhaps they could be made to display there? if not its doable within google maps for sure! i used to have a small page display all my current gps data on the net fro kicks, displayed on gmaps..
                    cashtexts - Earn money for receiving text messaged offers
                    cashtexts review not a scam
                    Space Navigator - 6 Axis input device: Take it apart - Driver App
                    RRCam - Video/webcam capture, text overlay, and recording: 2.0 Stable

Comment

Sprint has this service where you can keep track of your "child" through their GPS enabled phone...checkable either on YOUR phone or through a web interface...I wonder if that is relevant to this thread...and if it could be polled at regular intervals to give a track.

Comment

NewBend might help in tracking.

Tracking a moving object is easy, but navigating to it is another problem all together! You can't use current navigation techniques as they all assume a fixed destination.

One approach is to aim at an area around the target, and navigate there, and decrease the size of the area the closer you get to it. I've not seen any navigation s/w that does this.
                        Current:
                        [BMW E46 ///M3 Convertible]

Previous:
                        [BMW E31 850CSi]|[BMW E39 535i]|[BMW HVAC Research]|[IBUS Scrolling Text]|[BMPuter]|[Velocity]|[TomTom]|[Vision]|[Space Navigator Driver]|[Super Fast Boot]

Comment

The newest version of GPSGate has this capability.

Comment

Originally posted by wi77iam View Post
                            The newest version of GPSGate has this capability.
                            Kick *** find... If only mobile internet wasnt so damn expensive
                            New Age Garmin - Skin for RR
                            New Age Slider - RR SKin In Progress
                            "It's called CODE because I don't want you to know"

Comment

Originally posted by sama View Post
                              Tracking a moving object is easy, but navigating to it is another problem all together! You can't use current navigation techniques as they all assume a fixed destination.
                              Just need to be able to change destination on the fly.

Shouldn't be to hard to adapt FreeDrive to do this. There would have to be a minimum amount of time between re routes though.

Comment

Working...
                              X