gps reciever?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gps reciever?

I just bought iguidance v3.0 and need to get a reciever to use with it. What should i look for in a reciever? Where is a good place to buy the reciever from? Thanks for any advice on what reciever and where to get it from. I did some searching but didn't find what features to look for to set one receiver apart from another.

usually USB is a good bet. Also a SirfIII chip is nice. NEMA protocols are pretty standard. That's about it.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

geeks.com had a few on clearance this morning. might want to check there.
      Mike M
      2006 Accord VP Sedan

My worklog
      http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/work...-dads-car.html

Comment

http://store.mp3car.com/ProductDetai...Code=GPS%2D002

that reciever is hard to beat.
        Jan Bennett
        FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

USGlobalSat makes a Compact Flash model that is nice too.
          Nate
          I know what yer thinkin...did he fire six shots or only five...

Comment

Thanks for all the repleys. I ended up ordering the bu-353 that redgtivr6 recomended. Hopefully i have all the gps stuff now. Someday i will get it all together and installed! I'm still playing with all the software and trying to learn everything before i throw it all in the truck. I haven't figured out how to get gps into roadrunner and have it be on the skin? Thanks

Comment

I'd ask the question about RR in the RR forum.
              Jan Bennett
              FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

iguidance works perfectly with Road Runner. Just set it up in the path for your GPS settings in the Road Runner configurator. Make sure to check the COM port settings once you install the BU-353 driver and that it matches what is setup in iGuidance and you're all sett. Just played around with mine driving around the block using a laptop. Very accurate.

Comment

Thanks guizai, i'm not good with all this software but i'm trying to learn. I didn't even know what front ends or skins were a month ago. I just keep playing till something happens. It took me three days to figure out how to get the skin to work with roadrunner! Thanks for the help

Comment

I have a BU-355 for sale....$80 with serial cable
                    My 2000 Accord Project

Comment

Working...
                    X