hacking roof mount antenae?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hacking roof mount antenae?

does anyone know how to install the roof mount antanae from the mp3car store?
    I have one on my 03 tahoe but I would like to use for my gps and cell on the carputer!

Originally posted by boss13 View Post
    does anyone know how to install the roof mount antanae from the mp3car store?
    I have one on my 03 tahoe but I would like to use for my gps and cell on the carputer!
    Huh. Drill a hole, and mount it. Run the wires where you need/want them.

Mcihael
    ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

I think i was unclear in my post. I'm trying to figure how to connect the wires to the pc

Comment

You need a receiver to attach between the antenna and PC. Obviously, you'll need a receiver that has a connector for an external antenna. OEM-style receivers are your best bet.
        Will it work better than a common 'puck' style receiver (like the BU-353)? Not much better.
        It will, however, cost more.
        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

what USB GPS receivers have a connector for an external antenna?

Originally posted by DarquePervert View Post
          You need a receiver to attach between the antenna and PC. Obviously, you'll need a receiver that has a connector for an external antenna. OEM-style receivers are your best bet.
          Will it work better than a common 'puck' style receiver (like the BU-353)? Not much better.
          It will, however, cost more.
          Where can we find this receiver? does anyone have any examples of setups using this external antenna? what USB GPS receivers have a connector for an external antenna?
          DORIKAZE http://www.dorikaze.com

Comment

Search the forums for OEM GPS

Someone is looking at a module with dead reckoning capability, as well
            Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
            How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Working...
            X