Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BU-353 Problem

Thanks for all help in advance.
    I have the BU-353 receiver, and I cannot get it connected, I think that it is because I don't have the VCP, I have loaded the included drivers from the disk that came with it, that didn't work, went to the web site downloaded that driver that didn't work either.
    I think that when I go to the device manager I should see, prolific serial to USB comm port. I am not seeing this. also when I pug the receiver into the USB slot, windows XP does not say found new device, maybe that is the problem, or do I just need a new receiver.
    Lucky 1

Are all the USB ports enabled in the BIOS?

Yes, you should see Prolific USB-to-Serial in the device manager.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Im having a similar issue. But mine is related to cold weather. It seems with the recent cold weather my BU-353 wont be detected by iGuidance. So what i did was take it inside the house when i get out the car and in the morning plug it back up and fire the PC up and sure enough iGuidance detects it. Maybe this could be your issue. Has it worked before? Also if so, do you see a pattern or is it just sporadic

Hope this helps

Comment

ok

But I don't think thats the problem, my garge is not that cold inside and it doesnt work there either.
        Thanks anyway

Comment

does other usb devices work ? and did you try to install the mouse to any other pc to be sure if it is working or not?

Comment

Same problem. Just installed it new from box yesterday. Worked great.
            Got in car later turned PC on and it doesnt detect it at all?
            tried other usb ports, nothing, tried to reinstall drivers, nothing?

im trying to use streets and trips 06 or the OEM gps config CD. Neither detect it.
            and no its not cold.. 75 degress and hasnt gotten wet?
            10 acura TL tech
            10 BMW S1000RR

Comment

I'm having the same issue with the BU-353. Other USB devices work on the same port, but the receiver isn't detected when connected. Any ideas?

Comment

im having a similar problem maybe, one time it wasnt detected so i had to re-install the software, but now it doesnt even get a signal, maybe its because i moved it to under my passenger seat... could that be to low or too much blockage?

Comment

i sent mine back as defective..it worked fro 5 minutes moved it to another usb and dead on 3 different PC's.
                  new one has been working great and moved it with no problems.
                  10 acura TL tech
                  10 BMW S1000RR

Comment

if you don't set the BU-353 at 9600 baud you WILL NOT get any output and it will not work at all until you set it at 9600 baud, in port properties and in GPS application software...
                    http://www.mp3car.com/members/tracke...ivic-2007.html for Car Pics!

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/lcd-...ease-read.html for Touchscreen timeout fix!

Comment

Yes but the PC will not even detect the device is plugged into a USB port so you cant change the settings.
                      10 acura TL tech
                      10 BMW S1000RR

Comment

it'll detect as a com port, not as a GPS device.
                        can you verify this?
                        http://www.mp3car.com/members/tracke...ivic-2007.html for Car Pics!

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/lcd-...ease-read.html for Touchscreen timeout fix!

Comment

No mine would not even show as ANY type of device..
                          10 acura TL tech
                          10 BMW S1000RR

Comment

Originally posted by tracker64 View Post
                            if you don't set the BU-353 at 9600 baud you WILL NOT get any output and it will not work at all until you set it at 9600 baud, in port properties and in GPS application software...
                            Am I doing something wrong? I have mine set to 4800, ( I can't find the instructions now but I'm certain that is what it said to do ). At present mine is working perfectly

Comment

It should be 4800.

So does the Prolific USB-Serial show up under Ports (COMS & LPT) in the device manager?

Comment

Working...
                              X