BU-353 problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BU-353 problem

I brought this GPS receiver couple week ago for my carpc. right when i received it, i test it and everything works fine. however now it isn't. After i installed the logictech use mouse (G5), the receiver never worked since than. i tried to uninstall all logitech programs, and reinstall bu-353 driver, so far nothing works. everytime in plug the receiver into the usb port, "it'll sad one of the usb devices attached tothis computer has malfunctioned, and windows doesnot recognize it"

doesn't know know how to fix this problem?

I'd try downloading the latest drivers from prolific's website.

http://www.prolific.com.tw/eng/downloads.asp?ID=31

Comment

i installed the new driver and it still doesn't work. i tried on 2 computer both are giving me the same thing. Unknown divice.

Comment

Hmm.. you don't have this plugged into a usb hub or anything like that do you?

Comment

no straight to the laptop. is there a problem if i do use a hub? because i am planning to get one

Comment

Originally posted by ezland00 View Post
            no straight to the laptop. is there a problem if i do use a hub? because i am planning to get one
            A USB hub can cause intermittent signals. It's very common for the GPS to not be recognized when going through a USB hub, particularly an unpowered one.
            Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
            How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Do you guys think the GPS receiver is dead? It worked just fine when i first brought it couple weeks back, now that i needed it, its not working. The light on the receiver still blinks.

Comment

Have you tried it on a different computer yet?

Comment

I think it's dead. It's a pretty reliable unit, I have the same one and it's worked flawlessly out of the box.

I'd say send it back man. That sucks.

Comment

I'd try it on a different computer first. Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing your usb root hubs in the device manager? If it does the exact same thing on another pc I'd definitely say send it back but I wouldn't call it defective quite yet.

Comment

BU-353 problem

Ive had the same problem with my bu-353 unit now. It worked just fine about a year, untill now after i reinstalled debian with the device blugged. i have tried this in many other pcs and operating systems, but the device only sends some unknown data in both os that dosent include global position anymore.

Comment

So i desided to go get another bu-353 unit and tried it with the same pcs and it works. So the old units firmware got probably messed during my installation. I don't know if/how this is possible, or was it just coinsident that it got brokend at the same time. Espesialy because the old unit still posts data. If there would just be firmware flasher to try.

Comment

Originally posted by Amik View Post
                          ... the device only sends some unknown data in both os that dosent include global position anymore...
                          Originally posted by Amik View Post
                          ... the old units firmware got probably messed during my installation. I don't know if/how this is possible, or was it just coinsident that it got brokend at the same time. Espesialy because the old unit still posts data. If there would just be firmware flasher to try...
                          BU-353 has a tiny rechargeable battery on the inside. If you let the unit sit, without using it, for a while, the battery will get discharged, and the unit will be reset to its original factory settings when you subsequently plug it into a USB port to use it.

I don't know how long the battery will take to completely discharge (has anyone experimented with this?). But I know that cold temperature will speed up the process of discharging. I would place BU-353 into a refrigerator for a week, and then try it. It may be a good idea to leave the unit warm up at room temperature for an hour before trying it.

Comment

It's like 24 to 48 hours to discharge the battery.

Comment

i send in the receiver for a RMA service and today i got it back. on the inovice it state that firmware was updated and now everything works fine.

hope this will hope whoever is having the same problem

Comment

Working...
                              X