bu-353 causes mouse to go click happy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bu-353 causes mouse to go click happy

I have been trying to get my GPS going but haven't been successful. I am running Windows 7 with few modifications if any. I have a little usb mouse for right clicking, which I haven't figured out either. But when I try to install the GPS ( I have some prolific driver installed presumably the most recent) the mouse starts clicking and moving like crazy. It will open things and maybe delete something if its lucky. windows 7 pops up a notification about the usb mouse being installed (it was previously working) and all goes back to normal when I unplug the bu-353. Whats up with this? ( i havent even tried to plug in my powermate yet) but ideally i'd like them all working together.

had this issue when using a prolific usb-serial adapter, they have a special driver on their site for use with GPS devices
    TruckPC - gutted, being used for test setup
    BoatPC - All in 1 in cuddy, N7 using VNC on dash, RR
    BlazerPC - Nexus 7 with Timur's USBROM

Comment

their website appears to be down gives some cryptic error:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers 錯誤 '80004005'

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]通訊連結失敗

/LM/W3SVC/703585378/Root/global.asa, 列18

Comment

Go into device manager, under mice, disable Microsoft ballpoint mouse.

Comment

Originally posted by bramlet View Post
          their website appears to be down gives some cryptic error:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers 錯誤 '80004005'

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]通訊連結失敗

/LM/W3SVC/703585378/Root/global.asa, 列18
          Then try the following GlobalSite page to download the appropriate BU-353
          software driver from:

BU-353

Comment

Originally posted by Marvin Hlavac View Post
            Then try the following GlobalSite page to download the appropriate BU-353
            software driver from: http://www.usglobalsat.com/p-62-bu-353-w.aspx

BU-353
            This is the driver I originally downloaded a week ago. I'm going to try the other suggestion and report back.

Comment

Originally posted by Curiosity View Post
              Go into device manager, under mice, disable Microsoft ballpoint mouse.
              Under mice I only have Hid Compliant mouse and universal touchscreen controller.

I had an unknown device that I disabled, plugged in the GPS and so far no random clicks, but GPS still doesn't work. I went into GPS info and scanned at 4800 baud, it pauses on com 7 to tell me "no gps receiver". I clicked into com 7 and was able to send it what looked like alien language scrolling down the screen. I'm probably missing some step. any help is very appreciated.

Comment

I tried to run the gpsinfo as administrator see if that was the problem and windows had a notification that it was installing device driver software and then the cursor went click happy again til i unplugged the GPS. I guess it will stay unplugged till I find a new Idea. Do these things go bad or is it a driver issue for sure?

Comment

Solution from microsoft:
                  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283063

Actual solution:
                  http://www.netstumbler.org/f47/fix-w...es-nuts-12080/

/NOSERIALMOUSE will fix your problem

This isn't a driver issue at all...i'm not sure why you were told that.
                  openMobile - An open source C# Front End (why choose openMobile?)
                  - Always Recruiting Developers -
                  Like what you see? Donations are always welcome

Comment

is there a way to set /noserialmouse on windows 7, I just read it doesn't use boot.ini (news to me)

Comment

Originally posted by bramlet View Post
                      is there a way to set /noserialmouse on windows 7, I just read it doesn't use boot.ini (news to me)
                      From boot you can use this method:
                      http://www.ditii.com/2008/04/22/wind...ns-on-the-fly/

from within windows you can use this:
                      http://www.marciowb.net/soft/pro/3/f/NoSerialMouse.exe

I haven't tried it but it is virus free. Heres the translated description:
                      NoSerialMouse

Thinking about the collective good and enjoying a small program that I did earlier, I ended up automating the solution described by article 283063 from Microsoft. The idea was to create something very simple, but it was effective. You leave it running before you plug the device and when the device is plugged in, it automatically disables the mechanism that Windows would recognize it as a Mouse. The program works particularly well with USB devices and was tested on Windows XP, Vista 64 and 2000. The NoSerialMouse can list all COM ports on your computer or only the COM that are actually available.

The NoSerialMouse is free. However, it may be that someone has interest in the sources, since the mechanism of recognition of the serial ports is particularly sophisticated and recognizes with great precision all kinds of serial ports - where even other mechanisms enumeration of hardware fail ( that goes for Win2k, XP, Vista32/64). The sources of the program in Delphi 6 (with code and comments in English) and I can possibly answer any questions by email. To purchase supplies, go to:

The other option is to use bcdedit which is quite a bit more complicated.
                      openMobile - An open source C# Front End (why choose openMobile?)
                      - Always Recruiting Developers -
                      Like what you see? Donations are always welcome

Comment

Yes, it's a driver issue. The serial mouse driver is detecting the GPS as a mouse. You can also disable the ballpoint mouse with RegEdit.exe

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\sermouse
                        Change Start to 4, then reboot.

Or use my quick reg file http://curioustech.home.insightbb.com/reg.zip

That won't fix the garbage though. You may be reading at the wrong baud rate. XPort can detect the port and baud rate automatically. Even if you don't use it, it's good for detecting the parameters quickly.

Comment

[QUOTE=Curiosity;1386164]Yes, it's a driver issue. The serial mouse driver is detecting the GPS as a mouse. You can also disable the ballpoint mouse with RegEdit.exe

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\sermouse
                          Change Start to 4, then reboot.

I changes this reg setting to 4 in hexidecimal? well thats what i did then I rebooted and plugged in my GPS, no crazy clicking when I ran GPSinfo I checked in the device manager and sure enough there was a serial mouse under the mice so I disabled it. I re-enabled my unknown device still no clicking. Haven't got the GPS to work but atleast I can leave it pluged in now while I try to figure that out. I also re-enabled the serial mouse and still no crazy clicks...so i think it worked

Comment

I'm still having trouble getting the thing to work. I am now running windows 7 using xport and gpsinfo I can get xport to find the gps on com port 7 at 4800 baud and redirect it to another com port. I can get gpsinfo to scan com ports where it will pause and say NO GPS receiver on whichever com port I output it to. But it is stuck on the north pole and doesn't seem to be giving me anything useful about if its working or not. I must be missing some step.

Comment

I used the sirfdemo program and I actually had some green(locked) sats, but I think I've borked it up and now I can't get anything, Its giving me garbage and won't reset back to factory...might need a new one or something...I've been messing with this thing all day, and I think I understand what I'm doing a little better now I could still use some help here.

Comment

Working...
                              X