Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BU353 S4 Issues?

Everyone:

I am having weird issues with 2 bu353-s4's. They randomly stop getting signal. Sometimes unplugging / replugging them will work, sometimes only 1 will work once reset. It seems to do it fairly at random. Sygic shows very little signal when the issues happen. Both are exterior mounted on trunk lid. Had worked fine for a long time. Now this.

Time to buy new?
    any recommendations?

I have given up on globalsat gps dongles to many intermittent problems. I have found and used and recommend the sure gps development board it has Bluetooth/serial/usb connections gets a lock very fast almost instantaneous. Roof mount type external antenna with 3 meter cable. Others that I have recommended this too have bought and are very pleased with it. I have it in the field on 50 transports never a problem/always connects and they replaced the bu-353, we just tossed them in the garbage as I could not tell which were still functioning and which had problems. Ebay item # 230844194302 Good luck SNO

Comment

Originally posted by SNOtwistR View Post
      I have given up on globalsat gps dongles to many intermittent problems. I have found and used and recommend the sure gps development board it has Bluetooth/serial/usb connections gets a lock very fast almost instantaneous. Roof mount type external antenna with 3 meter cable. Others that I have recommended this too have bought and are very pleased with it. I have it in the field on 50 transports never a problem/always connects and they replaced the bu-353, we just tossed them in the garbage as I could not tell which were still functioning and which had problems. Ebay item # 230844194302 Good luck SNO
      I've seen the sure board recommend before here on the forums, and was curious if it was still highly recommend. Tell me, how/where did you mount yours?

Custom Case? Tucked it in the tower? Open air mount?

Comment

hehehe all of the above. small project box is the best but can also be mounted inside of case. I mostly have it mounted on the underside of my all in one unit, whether single level or the dual level units. It has mounting holes in the corners. I also remove the bulky serial port if not needed on that build.. SNO

Comment

hehehe all of the above. small project box is the best but can also be mounted inside of case. I mostly have it mounted on the underside of my all in one unit, whether single level or the dual level units. It has mounting holes in the corners. I also remove the bulky serial port if not needed on that build.. SNO
          Alright,
          Next annoying question from me: Got an idea about how big this is? I cant seem to find the dimensions anywhere, and I would like to get a project box on the way. (No more in-case room )

Comment

3"x 3 1/4" or 76mm x 83mm No problem asking questions, never annoying always glad to help SNO

Comment

Still happy with my sure gps..i put it in a small project box..hooked it up via serial cable and if i recall correctly its always powered up.never had a issue.and never had a flat battery as it has a tiny current draw... i gave up on all others (puck style / usb) just couldnt get a useable signal all the time....rain,hail,storms and citys the sure gps always has a fantastic sat lock.

Comment

My BU-353 (S3) totaled finally. I'm looking for a new device. But this time I won't buy Globalsat. I was about to buy Holux M-215+ or Columbus V-800. I read something about if refresh rate is high and unit can be overheated. So I've decided to get a Holux M-215+. Refresh rate is 1Hz and this is enough for car use. Also it supports both GPS and GLONASS.

Then I saw this topic and SKG16B Bluetooth/RS232/USB UART GPS Module Demo Board. Now I'm confused to buy which one. I need help to clearance. Especially from SNOtwistR.

My questions:
                1-Holux M-215+ has MTK MT3333 GPS/ GLONASS chipset. 66 parallel searching, 22 tracking channels. SKG16B has 12 tracking channels. is this important?

2-Holux has GPS/ GLONASS . This means any advantage?

3-My car pc uses Windows 7 64 bit and navi software is iGO 8.3. I will use it as USB again. Will Holux and SKG16B both work in my system without any problem? I mean driver or software (iGO) issue.

4-Ebay item # 230844194302 seller is reliable? I prefer Amazon. Have store in Amazon?

Thanks.
                Last edited by cem_ari; 06-12-2014, 05:05 AM.

Comment

I have no idea regarding the holux units, I will only recommend this gps development board. As for the seller not sure how reliable on ebay, haven't seen it on amazon. Depending on where you live on this 3rd rock (sidenote not sure why people don't show where they are, it does make things easier to give more accurate responses). Tell me where you are at and I might be able to point you to a seller closer to you. I don't see why you could not use them both at the same time, they would have different drivers and port address. Hope this helps SNO

Comment

Updated my location. I'm living in Turkey. I can order it from this seller in China and can wait. My problem is not about seller location and delievery time. My main question are these:
                    Why its name is "development board"? I will install Windows 7 64 bit driver and it will work? Thats all? Or i have to do something more to use it?

I don't see why you could not use them both at the same time, they would have different drivers and port address.
                    Also i don't understand what do you mean both. Do you mean Holux and SKG16B?
                    -

Comment

second write on this one . i hope i wont lost it to.

the seller is ok. He send me a 8th time bigger than this in a week time. concerning the software this is what i use . the sure module and this software are like a dream. you are geeting in the car you are locked . i am pretty happy with what i got from sno. Sno did i tell thanks....?

i dont know what channel do but i most of the programs can work and get 3d point from 4 satelites or more ( if this is the channel refers to ) . I dont want no more than 7-8 satelites to have a quick responce and accurate signal.

i did whatever sno told me on this and at the end of line i am more than happy into this one.

i am wishing you to end with the sure module.
                      Vw Sharan 2007 1.9tdi || Exide 100Ah
                      Fuzzy 945gme + core duo T2400 + 2gb ddr 667 + pci nvidia 5500 256mb + kingston v300 60gb + hdd 2.5" 100gb 5400 + Sure Gps module
                      Primary monitor 8" 800x600 || Secondary monitor 15.4" 1280x800