Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DeLorme Street Atlas USA 2010 - touch and small screen friendly!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeLorme Street Atlas USA 2010 - touch and small screen friendly!

I'm very impressed with what DeLorme has done with the user interface in the newly released Street Atlas 2010. It is intuitive, a first time user can get from A to B without having to read the manual, it is touch-screen friendly, and small-screen friendly.

My only regret is it doesn't use Navteq map data. I'm in Canada, and Street Atlas doesn't yet have maps as good as others do. But to be fair, the name of the product is Street Atlas USA, and understandably DeLorme does pay more attention to the map data quality in the much bigger U.S. marker.

I just posted a brief review and a few screen shots to: Review: DeLorme Street Atlas 2010.

Hi Marvin,

Before I buy it, I'm curious if this version of delorme require an activation license like Iguidance?
    ATTENTION FELLOW CAR PC ENTHUSIASTS, POWER ACOUSTIC = CAR PC KRYPTONITE!!!! AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!

To my adoring fans, No my Toyota's gas pedal didn't get stuck! Instead I saw you crossing the street and decided to floor it! Unfortunately, I MISSED!!!

Comment

DeLorme Street Atlas 2010 has no software activation scheme implemented (unlike all Navteq-based products).

Comment

Originally posted by Marvin Hlavac View Post
        DeLorme Street Atlas 2010 has no software activation scheme implemented (unlike all Navteq-based products).

To my adoring fans, No my Toyota's gas pedal didn't get stuck! Instead I saw you crossing the street and decided to floor it! Unfortunately, I MISSED!!!

Comment

Anybody tried it with Centrafuse? Since I am using Garmin and it does not truly fit is this better than Destinator?

Comment

joining to watch the review...
            Custom Built Intel D510MO, 2GB RAM, M4-ATX, Elios 15" TS on custom mount.
            System installed into 2005 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins Diesel 4x4.

I can provide Custom fabrication for mounts or installation please contact me. CNC Machining and Powder Coating

Comment

Does this software allows a 5Hz update rate??

Comment

Can you use this program without a keyboard? Is there a way to enter text, addresses, etc via a touchscreen?

Comment

Originally posted by dhillery View Post
                  Can you use this program without a keyboard? Is there a way to enter text, addresses, etc via a touchscreen?
                  I don't think DeLorme Street Atlas 2010 has it's own OSK, but you could certainly use either the on-screen keyboard that comes with your Windows operating system, or any 3rd-party OSK of your choice.

Comment

I am planning on actually purchasing the plus version.. good to hear positive reviews.

Comment

I bought this. I can not get the bottom easy nav bar to resize. On my 6.5 inch screen at 800*600 res, it takes up more that half of the navigation area. I cant find an option to resize this. My recommendation is to not buy it for small screens.
                      My 2007 Jeep Wrangler Worklog

Comment

Originally posted by capcadetjc View Post
                        I bought this. I can not get the bottom easy nav bar to resize. On my 6.5 inch screen at 800*600 res, it takes up more that half of the navigation area. I cant find an option to resize this. My recommendation is to not buy it for small screens.
                        I agree. My personal preference would be to remove the blue color, and just have the area transparent. Why cover useful map area.

Comment

you can remove the blue bar by enabling or disabling the GPs Nav function as well you can resize or eliminate the bottom bar. At least I was able to on mine...
                          Custom Built Intel D510MO, 2GB RAM, M4-ATX, Elios 15" TS on custom mount.
                          System installed into 2005 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins Diesel 4x4.

I can provide Custom fabrication for mounts or installation please contact me. CNC Machining and Powder Coating

Comment

Originally posted by IssaquahWA1979 View Post
                            you can remove the blue bar by enabling or disabling the GPs Nav function
                            True, if you disable GPS navigation function, you will no longer be bothered by the size of the blue area. But then also you will not be able to use Street Atlas for GPS navigation either.

Comment

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone found a way to resize the blue Nav bar?

Thank You

Comment

Working...
                              X