Navmute works great with GMPC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navmute works great with GMPC

If you use GMPC with RR and want to pause your music while GMPC give direction a little program call navmate works great, follow the included readme.txt. I had to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package before it would work for me. It can be found at:
    http://www.digital-car.co.uk/forum/s...77&postcount=1

Nice find! Thanks for the link!
    Originally posted by ghettocruzer
    I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
    Want to:
    -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
    -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

Wow and it's been around for a while too. Have you had any issues with it at all?

Comment

It works good for me. There are other commands you can use to lower the volume instead of the pause/resume that i use.

Comment

Sweet! I can't wait to get my car back and try it out. Thanks for posting the find... never would have thought to try that otherwise.

Comment

Works well for me too. The only issue I have is that it's like GMPC triggers the "mute" for a split second again after it's finished talking. eg. I get the mute while it's talking, sound is then restored to normal, then cuts out for a split second and is restored again. Nothing too annoying but it's there.

PS. I say "mute" because I'm using "setvol;WINAMP;90", "setvol;WINAMP;180". I like that better than a hard mute or pause.

Comment

I can confirm it works with GPMC in Win7 too. I have the same 'mute' problem as described above but it's nothing major.

Although, GPMC's sound is so low. Do you guys have that problem?

Comment

Would it be possible to get this software from another place.
                I cannot get it to download from the original site, eventough i log in.
                The site thanks me for logging in and just opens the page as if i would have not logged in.

Comment

Originally posted by Schma View Post
                  Would it be possible to get this software from another place.
                  I cannot get it to download from the original site, eventough i log in.
                  The site thanks me for logging in and just opens the page as if i would have not logged in.
                  Same here!

Comment

here you go

http://97.66.21.169/misc/mp3car/NavMute.zip

also for the issue where it does a double mute on resume, if you put a WAIT;1 after the resume command the issue seems to go away. the disadvantage of that is when garmin wants to talks back to back, the NAVPAUSE command won't fire if the 1 second has not passed but i'd rather live with that happening every once in a while than the alternative.
                    my car: 2003 g35 coupe, 2.5ghz c2d cpu, gigabyte micro atx mb, dsatx
                    wife's car: 2004 honda accord coupe 2.4ghz p4 cpu, asus micro atx mb, opus 150
                    company car: 2006 chevy avalanche 2.0ghz p4 laptop, cnx p1900

Comment

Got the file now.Thank you kuo.

Comment

I set mine to lower the music volume instead of pausing it, now I don't notice any double-muting or double-lowering (if it even does it anymore) which is much better. I also like it this way because sometimes GMPC will speak just to say something obvious like 'Keep right', and it gets annoying when it keeps pausing the music.

Although, when the volume isn't being cranked, can hardly even hear what GMPC is saying.

Comment

Originally posted by zillacles View Post
                          I set mine to lower the music volume instead of pausing it, now I don't notice any double-muting or double-lowering (if it even does it anymore) which is much better. I also like it this way because sometimes GMPC will speak just to say something obvious like 'Keep right', and it gets annoying when it keeps pausing the music.

Although, when the volume isn't being cranked, can hardly even hear what GMPC is saying.
                          there's not really a good solution to the gmpc low volume problem except to lower your music player's volume and crank up the system and wave volume in xp. i upgraded my setup to windows 7 for various reasons and it's mixer has independent volume controls for each program so i set everything to 40% except for gmpc which i set to 65% and bluesoleil at 100%.
                          my car: 2003 g35 coupe, 2.5ghz c2d cpu, gigabyte micro atx mb, dsatx
                          wife's car: 2004 honda accord coupe 2.4ghz p4 cpu, asus micro atx mb, opus 150
                          company car: 2006 chevy avalanche 2.0ghz p4 laptop, cnx p1900

Comment

Hmm I might have to do that. Except I have my fronts turned down to 60% because otherwise it clips when I turn up the volume. And there's no independent volume control for individual speakers just overall.

Although I think I might just be able to turn down the gain on my amp instead (dunno why I didn't do that in the first place).

Will see how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by zillacles View Post
                              Hmm I might have to do that. Except I have my fronts turned down to 60% because otherwise it clips when I turn up the volume. And there's no independent volume control for individual speakers just overall.
                              On win7 there is...
                              openMobile - An open source C# Front End (why choose openMobile?)
                              - Always Recruiting Developers -
                              Like what you see? Donations are always welcome

Comment

Working...
                              X