Iguidance or GarminMobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iguidance or GarminMobile

Ok for my CarPC I need to decide on what GPS software to use. It seems Garmins new software is good yet everyone uses Iguidance as well so Im in a bind. There are not much reviews out for either (Im talking about 09 Iguidance) so what should I get? Iguidance cost $99 and Garmin Cost ??

I can only compare IG3 with GMPC and Garmin is my choice. POI's are better and many functions we are programing into our frontends are natively supported in GMPC. ie. Gas Prices and Weather. This is just my opinion though.
    The Car 2005 Scion xB

The Truck 2004 GMC Canyon

Comment

iG > GMPC
      Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
      1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
      30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
      15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
      Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Explain please. I want to make sure I put the $100 to good use.

Comment

The biggest drawback to Garmin is the lack of an On-Screen Keyboard (OSK). Although there is a working option available to overcome that deficiency, but only within the RoadRunner front end.

Comment

I will be using road runner so asiming I can get a fix for the osk which one do you think would overall be betters

Comment

if you dont care about needing to workaround the OSK then its garmin all the way.. and this is coming from someone who doesnt even OWN it lol
              mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
              Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
              Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

So what im getting from this is that the new iguidance doesn't have gas prices and weather?? where as the Garmin does? The only cool feature I see in Iguidance over Garmin is the 3d view which knowing my area will not be supported.

Also why is Garmin only $60 vs Iguidance $99

Comment

Originally posted by mdawg View Post
                  So what im getting from this is that the new iguidance doesn't have gas prices and weather?? where as the Garmin does? The only cool feature I see in Iguidance over Garmin is the 3d view which knowing my area will not be supported.

Also why is Garmin only $60 vs Iguidance $99
                  because iguidance is overpriced and less supported lol thats the only real reason.
                  mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
                  Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
                  Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Ok which version of Garmin do I want: Garmin Mobil PC or Gamin Mobile 10 for Laptop?

Nvm, dumb question. Garmin Mobile has been ordered!

Comment

Garmin mobile pc the price difference is because Garmin can only be used on 1 systems and iguidance can be used on 2 I luv buth programs but iguidance is falling behind the lack of custom poi is a killer man its not hard to do no traffic in iguidance I mean simple things make a big difference.

Comment

> So what im getting from this is that the new iguidance
                        > doesn't have gas prices and weather??

iG does have Weather. Even older versions had the feature. I'm not sure about the ability to integrate the feature into a front end, as I don't use any front end myself.

> The only cool feature I see in Iguidance over Garmin is the
                        > 3d view which knowing my area will not be supported.

You mean the new "Junction view". That's true. Only about 3,000 junctions are covered in the new 2009 version. This should not be a selling feature.

> Ok which version of Garmin do I want: Garmin Mobil PC or
                        > Gamin Mobile 10 for Laptop?

The new "Mobile PC".

> no traffic in iguidance

No traffic in GMPC either (or am I missing something?)

Comment

Well it arrives tomorrow so I will let you all know!

Comment

Garmin is really to be tased. I also like it.
                            Mario kart wii

Comment

Garmin Mobile is installed and working. Only problem I am having is how to get it working with RR. Help? I know there are some threads about this so ima start searching.

Comment

Working...
                              X