Iguidance 4.0

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iguidance 4.0

1st problem setting my home address is giving me problems, I enter info and it finds my location. I click save. I click on home and nothing is set. Same applies to favorites nothing is saved. Lastly I would like to load all the map read instructions still didnt understand. I know we can create simulated drive or I believe it called virtual drive to do the same thing. I have been searching around and Ive learn so much from this forum. Any help would be great. pc xp pro service pack 2 sx270

i was able to get it working.

Comment

how? I am having this problem too

Comment

When you get a problem fixed, it's common courtesy to share what you did to get it working. Otherwise you're just wasting bandwidth...
        Greedy
        -Adj.
        Anybody who makes significantly more money than you do.

The Hoe-Puter Worklog

Progress (Phase one):

Planning:
        [----------] 97.3%
        Parts Aquisition:
        [----------] 95%
        Install:
        [----------] 95%

Comment

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... Bandwith......

Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
          1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
          30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
          15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
          Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

I am having the same problem. Would you share what your solution was please?

Comment

LOL

i can't believe he's not sharing the info either.

it's the least we can do to contribute to the community.

Comment

Originally posted by ggcr View Post
                1st problem setting my home address is giving me problems, I enter info and it finds my location. I click save. I click on home and nothing is set. Same applies to favorites nothing is saved. Lastly I would like to load all the map read instructions still didnt understand. I know we can create simulated drive or I believe it called virtual drive to do the same thing. I have been searching around and Ive learn so much from this forum. Any help would be great. pc xp pro service pack 2 sx270

You guys should not have problem setting those up. To set up home location all you have to do is click set home and type in your home location and it should save. Same as all route that you go to. It should be in recent and if you want to save the location just set as favorite. If you have problems with it most likely because Inav the main program is install in the wrong location. If you are using ewf install the main program on the c: drive and then put the main onto the extended partition. Iguidance 4 should read it and all you favorite and stuff will be save.

Comment

Fixed mine, I didn't have all the folders installed correctly. Initial install missed one of them. Thanks

Comment

before you install iguidance, copy the cd onto your hard drive. install it from that folder not the cd.
                    My RSX Carputer finished!

Comment

I copied the whole dvd to my hd, ran the setup from the hd. Now when i run the program, it says
                      cannot find map data files
                      Please make sure the storage card is properly inserted or reinstall map data from dvd.
                      Not sure what to do besides virtual drive.
                      Jae

Comment

did you copy all of the folders before the install? you need to install from the harddrive. not the dvd. sorry my grammar sucks im typing on my pocket pc...
                        Greedy
                        -Adj.
                        Anybody who makes significantly more money than you do.

The Hoe-Puter Worklog

Progress (Phase one):

Planning:
                        [----------] 97.3%
                        Parts Aquisition:
                        [----------] 95%
                        Install:
                        [----------] 95%

Comment

I got mine to work. I copied the inav folder and setup folder to my c: root, ran setup from there, and it's been gravy ever since.
                          Jae

Comment

Can someone here let me know if I'm missing a folder in my installation directory...? I've got the same issue as some of the previous posters. I type in a destination, IG finds it, I select it, add it to favorites, but it never appears in the favorites list... The favorites list is always blank... I installed from the hard drive from a folder on the D: drive which holds a copy of all the contents of the installation DVD....

I installed to the default location on C:

This is my directory structure after installation:

C:\Program Files\iNav (empty except for the iGuidance folder below)
                            C:\Program Files\iNav\iGuidance (contains the program files)
                            C:\Program Files\iNav\iGuidance\Snd (contains .wav files)

Is there some directory missing in which saved Favorites and Home data get stored? No matter what I do, I can't save Favorites or Home info...

'01
                            Hang on while I defragment my car...

the Acura ITX project
                            the Acura ITX skin for RoadRunner
                            project progress: 99%

Comment

favorites and such are stored ing the C:\iNav iGuidance directory

favorites.dat
                              home.dat
                              recent.dat
                              itinerary.dat
                              TruckPC - gutted, being used for test setup
                              BoatPC - All in 1 in cuddy, N7 using VNC on dash, RR
                              BlazerPC - Nexus 7 with Timur's USBROM

Comment

Working...
                              X