iGuidance "Can't install Windows Service"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iGuidance "Can't install Windows Service"

Anyone get this in Vista?? Never seen it before, and actually, never had a problem before this install...

What's the deal?

TIA

Anyone? I gotta have nav!!

Comment

do yourself a favor, loose vista
      Scion CarPC

Bluetooth Audio Gateway Tutorial

How to speed up boot with buried features in msconfig

Comment

Originally posted by Injector View Post
        do yourself a favor, loose vista
        I wish I could!!
        XP will not install on my HDD...gets a blue screen before it shows me the HDD's...

It's SATA, so I nLited the drivers into setup...no go.
        Mounted the HDD in my desktop, and presto...installs!
        Plug it back ito the car, and blue-screen...

Been thru the BIOS...
        Been thru drivers...
        Been thru different install disks...
        Been thru a zillion partition utilities...
        Wiped it clean...
        FixMBR
        FixBOOT

Ever since I installed W7, XP will not go back on that drive

Comment

Running iGO now...

Comment

Which version of iGuidance?

And as far as loading xp... have you tried Killdisk? Zero out the drive completely? It did run XP once upon a time right?
            Tidder

Try RevFE
            The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

Originally posted by Tidder View Post

And as far as loading xp... have you tried Killdisk? Zero out the drive completely? It did run XP once upon a time right?
              i was just about to mention that, as well as using a live bart pe cd to install windows from a live enviroment
              Scion CarPC

Comment

I've been running iGuidance on vista x64 for some time without issue. If your PC is blue screening at all you have serious issues with the OS layer, which should be fixed before attempting application installs.
                Build Things, it keeps your brain busy.

AutoPC v1 (Retired) - AutoPC v2 (in progress) - www.shocknet.us

Comment

Are you running the install of iguidance as administrator? (Right click, run as admin or something)
                  Tidder

Try RevFE
                  The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

Originally posted by Tidder View Post

Version 4

KillDisk huh? 500GB worth of zeroing...what'll that take, 3 or 4 days? lol
                    I'll keep it in mind...

So far Vista is working okay and iGO is working okay. Only issue I'm having is with the CF TPMS messing up CF. The 2.0.0.8 version runs a little better, but it causes CF to hang when resuming...
                    The latest version causes CF to become unresponsive at times.

What bothers me is, I can install XP to the same 1/2TB drive from my desktop PC perfectly fine!! Only when the drive is connected to the MS-7191 does it behave like this...
                    Damn ATI chipset!

Comment

Originally posted by Injector View Post
                      i was just about to mention that, as well as using a live bart pe cd to install windows from a live enviroment
                      I think I tried a PE CD on it before, and it wouldn't start either! lol

Comment

Originally posted by blk02si View Post
                        I've been running iGuidance on vista x64 for some time without issue. If your PC is blue screening at all you have serious issues with the OS layer, which should be fixed before attempting application installs.
                        Blue Screen is during XP install...not when working from the OS.

Comment

Rather than KillDisk I have a suggestion that may help your XP install experience and take far less time.
                          Install XP as normal, but when it comes to the point in the install where you format the HDD, do a FULL format.

When you do a quick format, the disk is not checked for errors and bad clusters aren't noted and written around. A quick format only creates a partition table and nothing more.
                          The full format does the actual disk check and will work around unusable areas of the HDD.

Now, if you DID do a full format, what is preventing you from simply purchasing another HDD for the CarPC and/or the OS? HDDs are cheap these days.
                          Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
                          How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

i'm not familiar with your setup but i know some dell pcs doe the same thing, when installing xp when the setup starts to detect drives it blue screens because in the bios raid was turned on even tho not raid was configured, does your mobo have raid built in.
                            Scion CarPC

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert View Post
                              Rather than KillDisk I have a suggestion that may help your XP install experience and take far less time.
                              Install XP as normal, but when it comes to the point in the install where you format the HDD, do a FULL format.

When you do a quick format, the disk is not checked for errors and bad clusters aren't noted and written around. A quick format only creates a partition table and nothing more.
                              The full format does the actual disk check and will work around unusable areas of the HDD.

Now, if you DID do a full format, what is preventing you from simply purchasing another HDD for the CarPC and/or the OS? HDDs are cheap these days.
                              It doesn't make it that far...blue screens when it tries to detect the HDD's...

Comment

Working...
                              X