Iguidance Volume issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iguidance Volume issues

I'm hoping someone could help me out here. I have the volume in iguidance V4 set all the way down to where it only shows one bar and its still extremely loud. I'm not sure what is going on here but it wasn't doing this before in my old pc. I'm using an external soundblaster card but I don't think that has anything to do with it. Anyone have any ideas?

I've tried playing around with the volume line in RR config but still the same and its driving me nucking futts

Geez no one has any idea? The files sound fine on my home pc but in the car they come through at full blast

Comment

Are you using it in RR? If so there is a seperate setting for volume in RR.ini (editable in RRConfig)

Comment

it happens in both cases with RR and stand along, However if I go to the iguidance folder and actually click on one of the sound files it comes through perfectly. Bur when the program is running the sound is amplified to a point where I have to mute it altogether. If I have my music playing loud then the iguidance volume doesn't come through as loud as when there is no music playing

Comment

Happens to me sometimes too, you got to play with all the volumes:
          Winamp
          Windows
          iGuidance

You probably have the Winamp volume way down meaning you have to turn up the volume in Windows (RoadRunner) to nearly full blast. Then even that one little bar in iGuidance is going to be loud as hell.

Try decreasing the Windows volume and increasing the Winamp volume by actually opening Winamp and adjusting the volume in its GUI. That does it for me.
          Ampie Case
          2.5" Hard Drive 80GB Samsung 5400RPM
          256 MB DDR2 PC5400
          Xenarc 700TSV - VGA Monitor
          Intel D945GCLF Motherboard
          M2-ATX-HV

2005 Honda Civic

Comment

I have and still can't figure it out. I've even uninstalled and reinstalled IG just to make sure and stil

Comment

What? Dude, if you turn your Windows volume all the way down to the first notch, there's no way it's going to still be blasting the iGuidance voice. How can it? Can you open iGuidance on its own inside Windows with the volume all the way down and see what it does?
              Ampie Case
              256 MB DDR2 PC5400
              M2-ATX-HV

2005 Honda Civic

Comment

Originally posted by Maheriano View Post
                What? Dude, if you turn your Windows volume all the way down to the first notch, there's no way it's going to still be blasting the iGuidance voice. How can it? Can you open iGuidance on its own inside Windows with the volume all the way down and see what it does?
                That is exactly what happens. The only time the volume level is normal is when I close everything and actually click on the sound file from within the iGuidance sound folder, any other time the volume is through the roof.

Comment

What are your mixer settings like?

Comment

Originally posted by Keem View Post
                    What are your mixer settings like?

Nope, I think I've tried everything, (pc volume, winamp volume, soundcard mixer volume and iGuidance volume all the way down and still the voice prompts are loud. The only time it comes through a tad lower is when I have music playing at a loud level and I get nice normal level when I manually click the sound file within the iguidance sound folder

Comment

And this is happening when running iGuidance outside Road Runner?
                      Ampie Case
                      256 MB DDR2 PC5400
                      M2-ATX-HV

2005 Honda Civic

Comment

Originally posted by hpric View Post
                        That is exactly what happens. The only time the volume level is normal is when I close everything and actually click on the sound file from within the iGuidance sound folder, any other time the volume is through the roof.
                        Sorry but that doesn't make any sense. You must be confused about something. No matter what you do to volume if the system volume is low nothing loud can come through. Therefore the only possible answer is that it is changing the system volume somehow.
                        My Install

Comment

Originally posted by sxott View Post
                          Sorry but that doesn't make any sense. You must be confused about something. No matter what you do to volume if the system volume is low nothing loud can come through. Therefore the only possible answer is that it is changing the system volume somehow.
                          and yet that is exactly whats happening. The only time I can control the Iguidance volume is when I click on the actual sound file. PC volume down, winamp volume down, Iguidance volume down to one bar still = Super loud iguidance voice prompts.

Comment

Are you using SPDIF? This will ignore your Windows volume slider since it's digital and it's either on or off.
                            Ampie Case
                            256 MB DDR2 PC5400
                            M2-ATX-HV

2005 Honda Civic

Comment

Originally posted by Maheriano View Post
                              Are you using SPDIF? This will ignore your Windows volume slider since it's digital and it's either on or off.

I'm using this card and wouldn't the SPDIf affect all volume not just Iguidance?
                              http://us.creative.com/products/prod...=17751&listby=

Comment

Working...
                              X