Bluetooth GPS Problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluetooth GPS Problems

I have the BT-328 Bluetooth GPS Receiver by GlobalSat.
    I also have a IOGear USB Bluetooth Chip
    Windows 7 Ultimate with a Widcomm Bluetooth stack.

When I pair the device with the computer it assigns two virtual serial ports, ports three and four.
    Three is incoming, four is outgoing. Both are set the Baud Rate of 38400 as per GlobalSat instructions.

When I go into S&T 2010, and tell it to detect the ports, it detects port three, says the GPS is on it. But when you go to start the GPS in S&T it says the port is available, but is not sending any data. How do I fix this problem? Please and thank you.
    - Project: Unified Car Control
    - Original OpenMobile Interface Designer

It is possible that it is working just fine the way you have set it up, but simply the GPS receiver is not receiving sufficiently good signal from the satellites because you are testing this indoor. Take it outdoor, and test again. See if Streets & Trips works then.

Comment

Originally posted by Marvin Hlavac View Post
      It is possible that it is working just fine the way you have set it up, but simply the GPS receiver is not receiving sufficiently good signal from the satellites because you are testing this indoor. Take it outdoor, and test again. See if Streets & Trips works then.
      No, i am sitting in my truck with this. I know there are idiots out there that would try this in their basement, In the middle of a parking lot, in broad daylight. When using GPSGate it works fine. 9 Sats actually. So there is not a problem with the GPS Unit, nor S&T. It is elsewhere. I cannot believe that the only solution is to use GPSGate.
      - Project: Unified Car Control
      - Original OpenMobile Interface Designer

Comment

When I pair the device with the computer it assigns two virtual serial ports, ports three and four.
        Three is incoming, four is outgoing. Both are set the Baud Rate of 38400 as per GlobalSat instructions.
        Streets & Trips will only work with 4800.

Comment

Working...
        X